cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error during installation WAS 6.4 on oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I got the error as folows during installation of WAS 6.4 j2ee on oracle (Not preview).

on the step "<i>Load java database content</i>" i got

"<i>com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Could not load class oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver.</i>"

on file jload.java I got

<i>

java version "1.4.2_08"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_08-b03)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_08-b03, mixed mode)

Aug 1, 2005 2:25:46 PM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

INFO: Jload -sec J2E,jdbc/pool/J2E,E:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\global/security/data/SecStore.properties,E:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\global/security/data/SecStore.key -dataDir F:/netweaver_dump/51030724_2/DVD_NW_04_SR1_SAP_Web_AS_JAVA\J2EE_OSINDEP\J2EE-ENG/JDMP -job C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_JAVA\CENTRAL\ONE_HOST/IMPORT.XML -log C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04SR1\WEBAS_JAVA\CENTRAL\ONE_HOST/jload.log

Aug 1, 2005 2:25:47 PM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

SEVERE: couldn't connect to DB

com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Could not load class oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver.</i>

Thanks & regards

Ashutosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

I faced the same error as you had. (AIX53, Oracle9206, WAS 6.40, ABAP+Java System for our BW system)

Basically the steps that we followed is as follows:

1. Install SAP ABAP CI (Server 1)

2. Install SAP ABAP DB (Server 2)

3. Install SAP Java DB (Server 2)

4. Install SAP Java CI (Server 1)

We encountered the same error in the 4th phase. Did you had the same installation steps as above?

Thanks.

Mizwan

mmshahimin@iee.org

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh, Hi Mizwan

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution menatime ?

Thank you

Radu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radu,

We have solved the problem by updating the classes12.jar file to the latest version. I think I got this file updated by applying the latest patch for Oracle JDBC thin client.

BTW, what's your platform?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mizwan,

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I updated them but without luck - same error. I have opened an OSS message also, let's see what comes out from there ...

Thanks

Radu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think then you can place the classes.jar on your machine and append the location

at the beginning of 'path' and 'classpath' Environment Variables values.

Local jars will be accessed and may be it works..

Regards,

S.Divakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ALL,

I managed to finish the installation after reinstalling everything from scratch but with Oracle 9.3.0.6 instead of 9.2.0.7 (so it is a buggy jdbc driver in patch 7). After passing this step I found out that I need to downgrade the java also from 1.4.2_10 to 1..4.2_08 !!! Good experience.

Thanks

Radu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you're running on oracle this problem occours because the J2EE didn't use the oracle client tools but is using JDBC.

So try a tnsping <sid> and you will get some info: (PORT = 1528)

Open the configtool and change the secure store jdbc/pool/<sid>/Url to something like: jdbc:oracle:thin:@<hostname>:<port-from-tnsping>:<sid>

Kind regards

Michael

Please reward points