cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance: many queries used in dashboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My dashboard contains more than 30 queries runing on 2 multiproviders. When looking in sm50 it seems as though only 2 queries are run in parallel after pressing the submit button. Moreover the queries that should provide results on the first tabpage in my model only give results after all other tables and charts are already filled.

I would like more queries to run parallel and to give the highest priority to queries on the first tabpage. Is there somewehere that I can make this setting (f.e. on multiprovider level)?

Answers are appreciated and will be awarded with points.

Thanks in advance,

Ralph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ralph,

In SP12 VC introduced a new functionality which enables having a connector for each nested iView. You can activate this option by checking it on Tools -> options -> Compiler (tab).

You than have to change the model for the queries to "spread evenly" over the primary iView and nested iViews.

Hope it helps,

Shay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a similar problem with our customer's application. However, activating the dedicated connections for nested iViews did not help. We have several iView, each containg 1 to 7 queries, approx. 30 Queries in the whole model. Each query runs about 1 sec, the whole model approx. 35 seconds. Even though the data flow is modeled in a parallel way (i.e. queries should be executed simultaneously).

Who can help?

Thanks in advance an kiond regards,

Benni