cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS_OnAlert_Email : Emails are only sent manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Before, to open this mesage, I've read many sap notes, weblogs, and topics regarding CCMS autoreaction methods but still, I couldn't resolve my problem.

I'm trying to configure automatic email when RZ20 alert occurs.

It does not seem to trigger an email automatically. However , I am able to trigger an email when I goto RZ20 -> Highlight the MTE -> Edit -> Nodes -> Start Methods -> Start Auto Reaction Methods. This way, email are correctly recevied with the corresponding alerts.

Therefore, SCOT seems to be correcly configured in client 000

We have a simple configuration : no CEN, no XI, etc ...

The problem seems to be related to the autoreaction mecanism.

In CCMS monitors, when I chek the view "status autoreaction" I'm getting the following :

CCMS_OnAlert_Email [Running in Autoabap] CHECKED Ready ( 00.00.0000 , 00:00:00 )

The autoreaction method doesn't seem to run, the only way to do so ...is to

Manually start the auto-reaction method

Our SAP release is ECC6.

any idea would be highky appreciated.

Thanks

Froed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you activated Dispatching jobs in RZ21 ? If not do that .

1) RZ21 --> Technical Infrastructure --> Local Method Execution --> Activate

Background Dispatching.

This for your your Cental system as well as all other monitored system.

2) RZ21 --> Technical Infrastructure --> Local Method Execution --> Activate Central System Dispatching. Do this for central system

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please make sure to have the following configured:

1. Set up SCOT accordingly in client 000 (the auto reaction methods always run in client 000 with user sapsys when running as short running dialog programs).

2. Make sure your auto reaction method is set up to run "periodically in dialog process (short running program)"

It's not advisable to trigger the auto reaction methods by the background dispatching job, because this job should only be scheduled hourly, and i guess you don't want to wait for 1 hour until the alert email is sent

Godd luck,

Thomas

Answers (0)