cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing of partial quantities for 2 items into the same HU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am trying to pack partial quantities of 2 different materials in the same handling unit at once (without packing each HU separately):

I have a delivery with 2 items, each with a quantity of 50. Now I want to pack 5 pieces of material 1 and 5 pieces of material 2 into each of the handling units. As a result I would expect to have 10 HU's in total. When I try it I always end up with 20 HU's. 10 with 5 pieces of material 1 and another 10 with 5 pieces of material 2.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In delivery when you do packing:

There are <b>2 sections of the scr</b>een. <b>In the top part</b> you need to select the packing material in which you will pack the finished item.

<b>In the bottom part</b> of the screen you will have 2 line items/ Suppose line item "A" & line item "B". <b>Both items will show "partial qty" & "total qty" as 50</b>.

For your problem to get solved look at the <b>partial qty field</b>.

Do one thing for both the line items change the <b>partial qty from 50 to 5.</b> Now select the packing material and both the line items and click on the <b>"per part quantity" ICON</b>. The system will now create 10 different handling units in which there will be <b>5 pc of item "A" & 5 pc of item "B" in each handling unit</b>.

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. That's actually my problem - I am doing exactly what you describe but instead of 10 HU, I end up with 20....? It's not working the way you describe it although I thought it had to.

Any ideas?