cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In which table is the Live cache data stored?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am new APO .Can anyone let me know in which database table will the Live cache data be stored?

Thanks in advance

regards

Ashwin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member788297
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwin,

Livecache data you can display from transaction /SAPAPO/OM16 and also from table /SAPAPO/ORDMAP and /SAPAPO/ORDKEY. you can not view data of these tables from SE16 but transaction /SAPAPO/OM19.

If you want to extract the data, you have to define data sources based on the planning area.

Regards,

Chava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chava,

Can you explain more for transaction /SAPAPO/OM19 since I am facing the same issue ?

Regards

Steve

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwin,

the idea of the liveCache is to haev data permanently and quickly available without having to read/write from/to database. Therefore, the liveCache is <b>NOT</b> a physical database, it is a program in C++ that <i>simulates</i> a database and holds the data in the memory.

However, it does need so called liveCache-anchors which are saved on the database, and which are similar to pointers.

However, you can extract data from liveCache using BADIs or by creating a datasource on a planning area (for DP and SNP), manipulation can also be done only by BADIs or sophisticated programming (which basically uses RFCs).

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton for the reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwin,

Klaus pretty well explained everything but just to provide a little bit extra info also You will be using BA<b>P</b>Is (i am not sure whether you can do it via BA<b>DI</b>s). The list of BAPIs can be found by going to transaction BAPI. Simply go to the BAPIs for Supply Chain Management. BAPIs have corresponding function modules (viewable using SE37) which you can call to execute the functionality you need.

Hope this helps.