cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Server fails to import if repository has password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using MDM SP05 Patch2 on Windows Server.

I added a login password to my repository. Now what happens is the import server fails to import files for that repository giving the error :

"<i>[MDS=MDM Repos=Repo]: CatMgrClientWorker.Connect() failed. RC: 0xffaa0200 Invalid logon credentials</i>"

After changing the password, i restarted MDM Server and Import Server both.

But if i remove the password from my repository, the import runs successfully.

Someone pls suggest.

Regards,

Chintan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Thank you very much, it worked.

I have 5 import ports and 4 are working. I can see an error in one port.

I checked MDIS.ini and found the following.

<NOTE> The import map needs to be updated. Please update the map via the Import Manager GUI.

",Background_Thread@Unidentified,ImportTask.cpp,311,,,,,,,,

I had already updated the map after the new repository creation.

How can i tackle this?.

Thanks in Advance

Dhanish Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing the same issue in MDM 7.1 version also.

Will this work for 7.1 ?

Thanks and Regards

Dhanish Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the same thing will work for 7.1.In 7.1 you can check or change your password in console only.

Just mount your import server under auxiliary server and for each repository under import server you can check or change the password and user name.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danish,

The process of changing the password in .ini files works till MDM 5.5 version.

From MDM 7.1 version, the password Must be Changed only at the Auxilliary level. Changing it in the .ini file directly will have no effect.

In MDM 7.1, configuration of some repository-specific MDIS/MDSS parameters moved from the repository sections of mdis.ini/mdss.ini to a new MDIS/MDSS-specific Repository Detail pane in MDM Console.

When you connect to the Auxilliary servers, you fill find both the configurations for MDIS and MDSS:

User: The user name MDSS uses to access the MDM repository.

Password: The password MDSS uses to access the MDM repository.

Use the same password that you have assigned to Admin in the Console.

You can refer to the Console Reference guide : page number 263.

If you have already done this, can you please check the log file and let us know if you find anything.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having the same problem with MDM 5.5 SP5 Patch2 Hotfix1.

I have entered the username and password into mdis.ini, both plain text, and after restarting the Import Server service on Windows, the password is not being encrypted.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you entering the unencrypted password as Password=xx? If you use PasswordE=xx, then the software will not detect the change, as the PasswordE field is for the encrypted password.

HTH,

Cleopatra

Former Member
0 Kudos

That worked. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael. Its done now.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

did you add your Username & Password for the repository in MDIS.ini, too? You have to do so, because otherwise MDIS does not know how-to connect to the repository!

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The mdis.ini already has Login and Password for the repository. But the password is encryted, how do to check then.

Regards,

Chintan

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I think you cannot decrypt the passwort So the idea is to re-enter your password in plain texts, then restart MDIS. MDIS will encryp the password automatically.

BR Michael