cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection of means of transport during deployment run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let's assume that we have defined 2 means of transport in TLane.Could anyone please explain how APO decide which means of transport to be used during deployment run?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

nmp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member788297
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nilesh,

If there is only 1 Distribution demand (in 1 bucket) from 1 Location,

with specific Transport Method : then execute Deployment

Result : the Transport Method will not be changed

If there are several Distribution demands (in 1 bucket) from 1 Location

with different Transportation Methods : If you execute Deployment

Result : the First Transport Method is chosen for all Dist. demands.

In fact, Deployment can 'Only' consider O/Bound Quota, but it cannot

create Stock transport orders with different means of transport in one

bucket!

You can also refer online documentation:

"Deployment uses distribution rules to decide which product stock

proportions are to be distributed to the different destination

locations; ................

These rules are based partly on quota arrangements or priorities

Generally, the system tries to orientate

itself on the results of the SNP run and adopt the SNP-stock transfers

created there. If there a multiple means of transport, or if there are

no SNP stock transfers in a period, the system chooses the means of

transport with the shortest mover time.

Regards,

Chava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkatesh..

Lets a take a case of a single product to be transported from warhouse to DC.You have got tlane set up ready and you have defined 2 means of transport- Air and Ship with lead time of 10 days and 36 days resp.

Heuristic run is conducted before deployment run. During heuristic run, as per demand dates at DC , heuristic is choosing from 10 days or 36 days lead time.Assume we have got 4 demand elements for the product at DC with different demand dates. Heuristic has chosen 10 days lead time for 1st demand element and created a receipt element accordingly....demand is propogated back to warehouse location.For next 3 demand elements as per their demand dates at DC, 36 days is chosen as lead time in heuristic run.

After heuristic run, we run deployment( not realtime deployment ).Expected result from normal deployment is that it deploy as per the outputof Heuristic with a pull strategy.After deployment run , when we go to TLB screen, ideally 1st demand element should be shown as Air consignment and next 3 demand elements as Sea consignment.

But this is not happening.APO chooses Air consigment option for 1st demand element and also for next 3 demand elements.thatwhy I have raised a query here and seeking help to understand how system behaves in this scenario.

Thanks!

Nilesh

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nilesh

Its wierd what you are observing. I have not seen Deployment change mode of transport in my experience unless its realtime, since it is just confirming SNP created orders. For my interest, can you exactly specify the deployment strategies that you are using and also the horizons you are working with? Can you try keeping all horizons the same and see what happens ? Please also confirm that the orders converted to air-orders are scheduled to meet demand just in time or much ahead of time - do you see projected stock on hand significant at all?

Srinivas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello All,

we have a business requirement something similar to the above question, where in business is expecting to fulfill only the supply shortage with Air and the rest demand to meet the target stock(safety stock) with other MOT since Air would be expensive to deploy .However we could not find any standard option to achieve this as system creates only one receipt in the first bucket including both shortage and the remaining qty to meet the safety stock.

Could someone please let me know if this could be achieved during deployment?

Also we thought of enhancing the SNP heuristic to split the first receipt into two with different Means of transport so we tried creating two orders with different MOT however we see that the deployment is combining the orders generated as part of heuristic with different MOT and it is assigning it with one MOT.

please let me know if there are any settings that would make deployment not to combine the orders with diff MOT as one?