Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text determination for appended field to listing/exclusion structure KOMPG

derek_payne
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We have added a new field to the append structure of MARA and KOMPG

ZZLICCODE ZZLICCODE CHAR ZLICENCECD Explicit search help attachment to field ZLICENCE ZZLICCODE

It has the check table ZLICENCECD which has a field for the description of the licence code (ZZLICCODE).

The generating the condition table standard SAP creates an include which checks the check table to validation the field. The form in the include is called FORM ZZLICCODE_PRUEFEN however this form with standard SAP fields also determines the text that is displayed when the user runs VB01 does not determine the descriptive text for customer added fields only validation.

SAP for KOMG (Conditions) appended fields has a Business transaction event 00503306 Text Determination which can be used for this purpose. I thought the event would work with KOMPG structure but it does not.

I have check this by putting a breakpoint in our function module used for the event 00503306 and the breakpoint is called with VK11 (Create conditions) and our function module works and displays the text for fields appended to the KOMG structure but the function module is not called for fields appended to the KOMPG structure.

Is there another user exit or BTE event for this? Otherwise we will have to ammend the include generated by SAP when creating the condition table which is not ideal becuase it would have to be recoded every time we upgraded

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

derek_payne
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have found note 354807 Condition maintenance Field check/text determinatn (not applicable for usage A pricing and output determination)

It states: Solution

For the special case of the product hierarchy, the attached modification is available... In addition, the attached example of the field check/text determination serves as a reference for all other fields in the condition table for which no automatic field check/text determination occurs for the above usages AS AN EXCEPTION. Corresponding FORM routines have to be programmed in a similar way as modifications of the standard system.

I have implemented a modification base on the Product hierarchy example for our append field. This is working.

Hopefuly SAP will implement a BTE event for the other condition tables such as listing exclusion in a future release.