Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to sap plm

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i am interested to know abt sap ps.

1) does SAP Project Systems and SAP PLM or same?

2)what is the pre- requisites to learn SAP PS?(i am a sap xi consultant with abap back ground).

3) i want to know the job prospects as SAP PS consultant?if it is in high-demand how to get a break in it?

thanks heaps in advance

regards

kish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP PS is one of the stream of SAP PLM,

SAP PLM has many streams like PLM -QM, PLM-PM/PS, PLM-Asset life-cylcle management, and Life-Cycle Data Managment i.e. PDM Product Data Managment.

When you learn SAP PS you can take up an SAP PLM-PM/PS certification easily as PLM includes Colloboration Projects & Collaboration Folder which is working on internet or intranet.

You being an SAP XI with ABAP knowledge it will be easy for executing the PLM projects as lot of integrations, and enhancement involve in PLM Projects.

But some functional knowledge about PLM domain is required to become an PLM Functional Consultant.

Can Start learning SAP PS/PLM, its easy to learn.

The Job Prospects as SAP PS is little but for PLM the market is picking very fast and SAP PLM has a very good future. but if you constraint your self to PS then you are limiting your self, as PS consultant are expected to know more about Costing and Finance too.

Don't worry, just start learning SAP PLM-PM/PS.

Regards

Rehman

Don't Forget to reward your points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx rehman

can u send me any docs or pdfs or ppts abt SAP PLM-PM/PS.if u can send me the contents of this SAP PLM-PM/PS wud be gr8.

plz mail me on kishore.xi@gmail.com

cheers

kish

points given

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kish,

find the details in below links:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm400/helpdata/en/index.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_cpro31/helpdata/en/home.htm

and few i have sent to your email id too.

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

PLM With the expansion Product LifeCycle Management we can say that it is a traceing/tracking a Product throughout its lifecycle.

i.e. from IDea generation (Concept) to the End of the Product

There are different tracktion for PLM in SAP

1. Product Data Management

which covers Material Management, Bill of Material, Document Managment System, Classification System, Variant Configurations, CAD Interfaces. etc.

Most of the Industries will be using these cross application components for their Engineering Departments.

2. Program Management

Where Entire Program is capture i.e. From Customer Enquirry to the Order execution and till Dispatch.

Here again Project System, CFolder, CProjects, DMS, MM, BOM, Workflow etc can be a part of the PLM

3. Asset LifeCylce Management

This is used in different Scenarios where companies wants to trace there assets

or lifecycle of their assets.

Project Systems and DMS will be mostly involved.

4. Quality Managment

Strictly Speaking PLM Products are used in R& D Department, Engineering Department, Design & Drafting Departments of the Companies/organizations,

Where they try to modify their existing Products, try to Design as per the customer requirements, Try to launch new Product by doing R & D works.

PLM is Mostly used in these Departments of the Organizations

Regards

Rehman