cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create create oracleserviceSID manually through command prompt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

We want to create oracleserviceSID manually through command prompt in our BIW 3.5 server based on oracle 9.2 . wts the procedure of create this oracle service manually . Requested to revert at earliest as this is very urgent .

points guaranteed .

Regards,

Somya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somya,

Use REGSVR32.EXE in command prompt to install Oracel Service.(For 32 bit OS)

User 64 for 64-bit OS.

Regards,

Payal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello payal,

Thanks for ur reply. Iam using 32 bit windows ,can u tell more specifically in steps how to create oracleserviceSID service manually through command prompt.

Points guaranteed .

regards,

Somya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello payal ,

Wt to run after calling REGSVR32.EXE in command prompt wt command is to be used to create the service OracleService<SID> .plz revert at earliest .

Points guaranteed .

Regards,

Somya

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the real way of creating oracleserviceSID:

oradim -NEW -SID [SID] -INTPWD mypassword1 -STARTMODE auto -PFILE X:\oracle\[SID]\102\database\init[SID].ora

if this resolves your issue, close the topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

use -STARTMODE manual and ommit the -PFILE parameter.

that's the way we are currently configure the service.

If the Oracle Service starts the instance automatically it may happen, that the SAP Central instance will run into a ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress error, because SAP Instance Startup is not synchronized with the database startup. This error will not happen if the CI is starting the database.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric ,

Can u plz tell me shld i directly run oradim command on cmd prompt because its not working directly . Wt shld be run previously b4 running it.

Secondly can u give tat command again ,i could not understand the difference between word in brackets and outside brackets .

Regards,

Somya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somya,

All the services are part of the installation process. Why do you want to create it manually. Have you installed oracle? Is yes then it must have created the services. Creating manually?????????

Have you done some kind of refresh or system copy??

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter ,

Can u reply to wt is the complete command for craeting OracleServiceSID manually through oradim ,iam not gwetting the difference between words w/o brackets and with brackets , plz give the command claerly so tat assign oints and close the thread .

regards,

Somya

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Saumya Maheshwari,

what error do you get when trying to create this?

replace [SID] with the sid, such as C11, or PRD

Message was edited by:

Eric Brunelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

Iam saying iam not getting the command tat u hv written. Once i understand tat then only wll i run it . Iam not getting the difference between the words in brackets and words without brackets ,if u could clearly give the command it sahll be helpful .Plus whether i shld write new service/SID as iam creating new service . plz give the aprameters clearly.

Regards,

Somya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all why u want to create the (oracleserviceSID) manually? if will be created automatically in the process of installation..

Answer:

If you login as administrator pls go to ORACLE_HOME directory

Ex: /oracle/X10/920/bin

make sure oracle_home environmental variable is also set..

from there execute the oradim command...

Cheers

Kamal

Message was edited by:

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kamal ,

I know it has to be called frm cmd prompt using oradim command , my question is wt is the complete command of tat ORADIM for creating service OracleServiceSID .

Reagrds,

Somya

Former Member
0 Kudos

ORADIMxx -NEW -SID <SID> -INTPWD <password> -STARTMODE <mode>

-PFILE <pfile>

where:

<SID> -- the database SID

<password> -- is the password for INTERNAL

<mode> -- is the startup mode for the services, either AUTO or MANUAL

<pfile> -- is the full path and name of the INIT<sid>.ORA file

To create an instance called PROD, for example, you might enter:

C:\> oradim -NEW -SID prod -INTPWD mypassword1 -STARTMODE auto -PFILE

C:\oracle\admin\prod\pfile\init.ora

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx vinod assigned u full 10 points.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saumay,

Pls refer link http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=197 for creating and removing the services in windows.

Hope this is useful

Regards

Umesh