cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy external jar to WAS 6.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to deploy an external jar file (classes12.jar - an oracle jar). I've followed the instructions on 'defining libraries' found on sdn -http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ee/6ede3f7bc1eb06e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

But I cannot access the deployed project/jar, although I do see its definition using the visual administrator.

Any help would be appreciated,

Aviad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aviad,

You have deployed these Library files using Library project.

And i guess, you are accessing these library files from your webdynpro application.

If yes, then goto properties and there choose webdynpro references.

Here, choose library references tab, and make entry of your library project like this:

sap.com/<library project name>

If your are using these Jar files in J2ee application then make entry in your application-j2ee-enjine.xml file under J2ee Application project.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

I use WebDynPro project and when I enter the reference as you suggested I can't refernce it in the code.

Do i need to include it via 'external jars' in the project as well?

Also, when I rightclick on the project and choose 'Set Additional Libraries' in the J2EE prespective I do not see the library I've created in the list.

Aviad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aviad,

Yes, at design time, you require reference to those JAR files. So, add those jar files as External JAR files in your webdynpro project properties.

It will use this for design time and for runtime, it will use the reference you have specified earlier.

Regards,

Bhavik

Answers (0)