cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static HTML files on WAS 6.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody know an easy way to update static html files that are being used in a deployed web application on the 6.20 J2EE engine? i.e. where do the files reside so that I can just open them add the one line of text I need and save it WITHOUT having to go through the deploy tool.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's possible to edit .html or .jsp-files in the file structure. Allthough I wouldn't do this only for testing purposes.

Nevertheless, Java-Files cannot be edited on the fly. Properties-Files can be edited, but you have to restart the application or the whole server to make the changes effective.

You should check whether the original files, those that were wrapped in a war-file and deployed to the server are kept up to date.

Our files are found under:

D:\usr\sap\xxx\j2ee\j2ee_00\cluster\server\services\servlet_jsp\work\jspTemp\appname\root\

Why don't you search in your file structure for the file name, i.e. Windows explorer if it's a Windows-OS ?

Regards, Astrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Astrid,

when i make the changes they appear in the html if i open it up from with in the file structure, but they do not appear when the html is called during use of the web app. Is there some other step I need to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you click the refresh button in your browser or press F5 ?

Static html-files (and Jsp-Content) will be cashed in your session or on your HTTP proxy server.

Regards, Astrid

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Now I got your q right.If you are using NWDS then I can answer your question in two points.

1)If you want to change only HTML files then you can do so(adding some text) and then choose save all metadata button from the menu.This is not reflect without re deploying your html file in WAS j2ee engine.

2)But if you want to change any jsp files or java files I fear you cannot do so as above.The reason being both the files has to be deployed in the server to reflect the changes.You make a WAR file out a jsp/servlet in NWDS and JAR file with your java file.If you have EJB also you have make a EAR file.All the changes in the above either static or dynamic text adding or functioonality will be reflected only after deployment to WAS server.

To get a particular file Iwill simply browse through the project structure to get it in my NW Studio.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Guru

P.S :- Pls close the thread if your query is answered.

Message was edited by: Guru Subramanian B

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

You can have ur html or jsp files in any of the folder structures under your project package structure and you deploy it and run in WAS 6.20.You can also edit the same in your studio IDE.

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guru,

What I'm more interested in is once they are deployed can you just find the html file in file struture, change something (e.g. add some static text) and have those changes come through without redeploying? If so how can you find the html files in the file structure, I did not create the web app and have never used the J2EE engine before and just want to add some text to one of the html pages.