cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File size more than 50 MB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenario where my file size is 50 MB. I have to split the file and then do the processing . whats the best approach

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U can write ur script for file and use OS level commands for file adapter.

Regards,

Parteek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey prateek,

Juz a bit more intrested with the topic. K writing a script is a option but not many consultant knw how to go abt this. So apart from michals blog is there any specific blog or a wiki page that can guide in this aspect?

Hope some one put this scenario abt spliting files with script. It will be a boon as it is a standard req.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

I was just gng through a thread. Entire file will be loaded into server so definetly it will consume mem and might even cause server crash if the sizing hasn't been done properly some one had this prob. So if you dun have any memory prob then you can use above mentioned blog.......... else need to figure out another way.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The blog that is suggested by sravya is more practicle but only issue that could arise is with memory consumption. If the entire 50mb file is loaded on to server then certainly it will consume massive memory. So be sure wether entire file is uploaded at once or just communication channel reads around 20 mb of data from the local file system and loads it on to server memory.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Splitting the file before it enters XI would considerably reduce the load on XI.

please refer the following links

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/05/managing-bulky-flat-messages-with-sap-xi-tunneling-once-again--updated

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi

Also check this valuable thread where size related issue is discussed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Refer this blog by SRAVYA

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi

Hope it helps..

Kumar.S