cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase tables space, resizing, backups and when I you do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I am new comer in Basis. I want the information regarding some DB maintenance task. I am getting confusion in table space management. I don't know how to increase the table spaces, observe and manage the table spaces in SAP. How to resize the table space. i have some backup scheduling task and I am able to take that backup through DB13 T-code. I scared about that i this backup is useful for restore or not?

So please assist me.

Waiting for reply.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would adivse you to go for SAP course:

ADM505: Oracle Database Administration

This course will greatly help you clear your doubts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To add to the comments of the previous guy, in db13, when you click on a job, and then click on button "Detail Log" you can see any error messages and other useful info like the operating system command that is executed, the location of the log in the operating system level etc.

Of course, the only way to make 100% sure that your backups are successfull is to try to restore one and see what happens

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

To increase tablespace , you can use either sapdba (for older versions) or brtools, whichever is applicable to your sap version.

Try to explore this any one utility tocheck what all you can do in tablespace administration.

DB02 is the t-code for tablespace administration.

Regards,

Payal