cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know of "Address Layout Key" for India?

jason_barton
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am currently using 001 in the country code settings (transaction OY01), but I am concerned that this is not technically correct. My key user in the country appears to be indicating that there is a dash between the city and postal code for address data in India. I have been reviewing note 117557 amongst others, but nothing clearly stands out for India.

Anyone have any insights into this further?

Thanks,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I've checked the default SAP delivered value within an ERP 2005 system. In there it is 010. Maybe this helps?!

BR Michael

jason_barton
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Michael,

Definitely gets me further than I was yesterday. When you say it is there, can you identify what key number is there? I unfortunately am not on ERP 2005, so interested to know if the key number you are referring to in order to determine if that is only available in ERP 2005. Please advise if you have a moment, and thank you for responding. I will of course respond with points.

BR, Jay

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

which system are you using? I can check other systems as well.

But I think that the value 010 should be equal through all SAP systems. As far as I know, the country/address customizing delivered by SAP is very consistent.

BR Michael

jason_barton
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Michael,

The system I am on is SAP_APPL, SAPKH47022. I checked in the configuration and key 010 points to "Postal code before city without country code". This would not meet the address requirements for India. The closest one that I seem to have available in configuration is 008 "Singapore (postal code after city)". This seems to get things aligned as per my business user's request and what I can see on the India Post website. Again, I appreciate any help or insight you can provide.

BR, Jay

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

it seems, that there's not really a specific implementation/format for India available yet. Nevertheless it is possible to create one (as customer specific version). There's a quite good help available: run transaction OY01, select the address layout key field and push the F1 button. You should see a pop-up that contains useful information.

BR Michael

jason_barton
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That was last option, and sounds like for now the one I will pursue. Thanks for confirming my suspicion though.

BR, Jay

Answers (0)