cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact on XI of adding new application server

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI experts,

We have a live XI 3.0 project that connects to 3 SAP systems and uses hard-coded IP addresses as values to perform database lookups with JCO, for example:

mConnectionR3 = JCO.createClient("301", "ralexopo", "ralexopo", "EN", "121.12.2.12", "05");

Also in SM59 TCP/IP connections for connecting to R/3 systems I am using the IP addess to do the RFC's.

Due to bad performance on target SAP R/3 systems we want to add an extra application server (different IP address) for better load-balancing.

What do I have to do in order to avoid the changes in my XI interfaces?

Best Regards

Evaggelos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rebuild your lookups as mapping lookups (RFC, JDBC or SOAP), instead of direct JCo calls.

Reference: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/cf/406642ea59c753e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in production system right now and we are talking about 40 interfaces!

So I think it is quite difficult.

And what about the RFC connections in SM59?? I am using hard-coded values there as well.

Evaggelos

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't have too many options.

Either you change the interfaces for not having that problem ever again, or you go change in the code the ip for all mappings.

Also, RFC Destination isn't code. It's configuration.

It's the same of having IP address in the adapter.

Simple configuration which can be done by a basis guy, for example (you don't need a programmer).

Regards,

Henrique.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Exactly why you should never use JCO 's as you need to hardcode system details in the mapping.

If it aint too late, make a change in XI design to use RFC Lookup's.

Regards

Bhavesh