cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oralce datasource - problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried to create a datasource using Visual Administrator to Oracle Database. I have a webdynpro application accessing the datasource to pull the data from the Database and display to the user.

I am working on Oracle 10.2 and using ojdbc14.jar. I am using JDBC 2.x driver for this. Here are the configuration parameters used for the Datasource

JDBC Version : 2.0 (with XA Support)

Object Factory : oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory

DataSource Type : ConnectionPoolDataSource

CPDS Classname : oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource

[Additional] Properties:

url = jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orcl817

user = scott

password = tiger

My application is not able to pull up any data from the database and is not showing any data. I found an exception on the defaultTrace file. Here is the stack trace of the exception thrown.

#1.5_#0003BA1D8303004F0000005700000B5F00043969ECC1420E#
1189027013280#com.sap.engine.services.connector##
com.sap.engine.services.connector#Administrator#11205####
1da526b05bf511dc907a0003ba1d8303#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]
_37##0#0#Error##Plain###ResourceObjectFactory.getConnectionSet(MDM_SandBox), 
Exception: com.sap.engine.services.connector.exceptions.BaseResourceException: 
ConnectionFactory "MDM_SandBox" does not exist. 
Possible reasons: the connector in which ConnectionFactory "MDM_SandBox" is 
defined is not deployed or not started.

at com.sap.engine.services.connector.ResourceObjectFactory.getConnectionSet(ResourceObjectFactory.java:671)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.deploy.DataSourceManagerImpl.listUsedConnections(DataSourceManagerImpl.java:565)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.deploy.DataSourceManagerImpl.getUsedConnectionsCount(DataSourceManagerImpl.java:967)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor459.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.pj.jmx.introspect.DefaultMBeanInvoker.invoke(DefaultMBeanInvoker.java:58)

at com.sap.pj.jmx.mbeaninfo.AdditionalInfoProviderMBean.invoke(AdditionalInfoProviderMBean.java:289)

at com.sap.pj.jmx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:944)

at com.sap.pj.jmx.server.interceptor.MBeanServerWrapperInterceptor.invoke(MBeanServerWrapperInterceptor.java:288)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.CompletionInterceptor.invoke(CompletionInterceptor.java:409)

at com.sap.pj.jmx.server.interceptor.BasicMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(BasicMBeanServerInterceptor.java:277)

at com.sap.jmx.provider.ProviderInterceptor.invoke(ProviderInterceptor.java:258)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.RedirectInterceptor.invoke(RedirectInterceptor.java:340)

at com.sap.pj.jmx.server.interceptor.MBeanServerInterceptorChain.invoke(MBeanServerInterceptorChain.java:330)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.MBeanServerSecurityWrapper.invoke(MBeanServerSecurityWrapper.java:287)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.MBeanServerInvoker.invokeMbs(MBeanServerInvoker.java:131)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.ClusterInterceptor.invokeMbs(ClusterInterceptor.java:212)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.ClusterInterceptor.invoke(ClusterInterceptor.java:766)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.MBeanServerInterceptorInvoker.invokeMbs(MBeanServerInterceptorInvoker.java:102)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.connector.p4.P4ConnectorServerImpl.invokeMbs(P4ConnectorServerImpl.java:61)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.connector.p4.P4ConnectorServerImplp4_Skel.dispatch(P4ConnectorServerImplp4_Skel.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:312)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:199)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:129)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:102)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:172)

#

The excpetion says that the Datasource is not deployed or not started. However, I can see my datasource running in the Visual Administrator.

Any help on fixing this problem is appreciated.

Thanks

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

We had a lot of trouble figuring out how to setup Data Source for Oracle also so you're not alone. : )

Before setting up the datasource, did you create a driver in Visual Administrator? You can name it anything you want but it should point to the classes*.zip file that contains the Oracle drivers.

Then you need to specify that driver in the Data Source.

The rest looks OK. The only other thing I can suggest right now is for you to set the Initial Connections to a non-zero value. Then when you save the Data Source, it will attempt to create the connection. If it fails you know there is something wrong with your data source. If it saves OK then the problem is somewhere else.

Oh, and we haven't been able to get it to work with Native SQL option under SQL Engine. We use Vendor SQL radio button.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did create a driver and made it point to ojdbc14.jar as I am using version 10.2 or Oracle. However, I didn't check the logs after immediately saving the DataSource. I will try doing that. I am using Vendor SQL Radio button only. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.