cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost build space

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru's,

We are updaitng DTR with fully qualified name URL for one of the Development track. we could not update the Track data and also lost the build space. .

Did we loose all the develpments done on that track?

How do we get this dev build space back and all our developments?

Appreciated your help ASAP.

Thanks & Regds,

Jithendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its better if you have checked in your changes before doing changes.

Else your work is lost.

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I saved track and it could n't create any build space... Any suggestions please...

Thanks & Regds,

Jithendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try changing the CBS build server URL to another CBS and check if you are able to create build space there.

Do you get any error while saving the track...saying could not create build space?

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Akshatha,

Problem is solved....

but whenever we save the track we are loosing supporting components in compartments like SAP_JEE,SAP_JTECHS and etc and ending up with broken DC's in the build space. Again, we are re importing these components to track will solve the broken DC's. Is there any configuration to be done to avoid loosing basic reusable components in track permnently.

Thanks & Regds,

Jithendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitherndra,

What solved the problem?

By saving a track, I wonder how you are losing components. Once way I think the components can be lost is when there is a dependency change and you save the track.

For e.g SC1 has SC2 and SC3 as required SCs and then there is change in SLD saying SC1 depends on SC2 and not SC3. Now when you update the track there are chances that SC3 moves out of the track. This might lead to broken DCs if some DCs still need SC3 as required SC.

What did the broken DCs logs show? What's the reason for brokenness? which components did you reimport and how did it solve the brokkenness?

Thanks,

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshatha,

If I do any changes to track parameters and save the track, It was loosing the SAP_JEE, SAP_JTECH, SAP_BUILDT, SAP_EPBUILDT and SAP_PCUGP components in the compartments. Because of these components are not exist in the track, It was showing broken DC’s. By re importing above components in to track, solved the broken DC problem.

I know these components are depended by ESS and MSS components.

Thanks & Regds,

Jithendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jithendra,

By losing the build space the developments are not lost. Buildspace is just a space for all the builds to take place.

If you save the track again, the build space will get created in the CBS specified in the track data.

Your sources are maintained in DTR. Only if you lose the workspace in DTR the developments are lost.

Best regards,

Akshatha