Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child System Roles not getting cascaded to mother system (CUA)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having a CUA (Let us say ZZZ) connected to number of child systems (out of which one child system is AAA). Surprisingly, the roles are available for the users in the Child System. But, when I see in the CUA for that particular users, the roles are not available for the User. What could be reason that preventing from cascading the roles of the child systems in mother system (CUA).

Thanks in Advance,

Ravi

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand your question correctly you were not able to assign a role on the child system for a user from the master CUA. If CUA is brand new or a role just got recently created or transported you need to run a "TEXT COMPARE" from the ROLES tab. You only need to do this once for the new role. Text compare needs to be run every time you transport or create a new role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a new role is created in child system and then you try to assign this role to a User id in Central system ( CUA ) then you will get message that this role does not exist and you will not be able to assign it to the user.

Soln :- You just need to click on "TEXT COMPARISION from child system" and then in the next screen for the tab Receiving System, in the FROM field give you Central system Logical name and in To field your child system Logical name (logical name is the name you see in the system tab)

0 Kudos

Is there an echo here... you copied my reply