cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complex layout and images on webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I've been using webDynpro for some apps, and I couldn't help noticing how "hars" the final GUI is... is there a way that I can import an HTML file and start importing eviews from there?

You know websites usually start in photoshop, I create the layout, images, branding there and then export as -> html and images so I get a really cool layout (designers point of view)

Then I'd go to dreamweaver and insert all php jsp and programmatic stuff... I'd like to import the htmls into webdynpro instead of dreamweaver, is that possible? if not, how can I embed things like flash, javascript, etc?

Thanks!

alejandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

Webdynpro metamodel is an unique one which sap provides for easier programming.I jus' went through your requirement about layout and client side validations.

Here are the answers for your questions :-

1)If you want to use layout in webdynpro you should select from the dropdown lists of available layout s only.As of now in NW04 you have four diff layout only.

2)I fear you cannot import any additional files like html or jsp or flash with webdynpro like what you hcando with jsp or php since the programming model in webdynpro is different.

3)Lastly javascript is not supported by webdynpro as of NW04.if you want to use client side validation in Webdynpro you have to code in java using Message manager class and write your own logic.

Hope these info helps you.

Regards,

Guru

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

well, in Web Dynpro you really cant edit html pages as you did in DreamWeaver or something like that. Here the dsigning schemes are much similar to that of Java Swing or VB etc. You can certainly display one HTML file already created as an IFrame. But that wont server your purpose I suppose. Here you have to design the pages using WD designer only. JavaScript is not allowed. Flash files can be embedded in an HTML file which then can be embedded into WD view through IFrame.

Regards,

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry I forgot to add.... I want it so I can change layout, style, look and feel,... without recompile and that...

of maybe recompile is ok but I should change any code

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are looking for change layout, style, look and feel,... without recompile and that...

why don't you use WebDynpro themes.

Go thorugh the follwing

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/business_packages/a1-8-4/n...

To know how to use it and for the steps to be followed please follow the tutorial here

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/how to edit web dynpro themes.pdf

the last url gives you a step by step procedure with wizards..

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

If u r not particular about webdynpro u have another perspective called j2ee perspective where u can design ur login page or home page using ur HTML coding and all and on click u can call ur webdynpro application.

But u cant directly import any in webdynpro. Its just an idea if u can use it but its not at all a procedure or any to follow and its useless.

Its Programming is completely different. U should go for Themes if u want to change ur look and feel. U can get many weblogs in sdn about themes.

Regards,

Sirisha.R.S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

If u r not particular about webdynpro u have another perspective called j2ee perspective where u can design ur login page or home page using ur HTML coding and all and on click u can call ur webdynpro application.

But u cant directly import any in webdynpro. Its just an idea if u can use it but its not at all a procedure or any to follow and its useless.

Its Programming is completely different. U should go for Themes if u want to change ur look and feel. U can get many weblogs in sdn about themes.

Regards,

Sirisha.R.S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

Regards,

Sirisha.R.S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

Well, thanks everyone, I was hoping I could get to give more "design" to my webdynpro apps... I think I'll go to the WD themes anyway

Thanks everybody for your time

alejandro