cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get access to a running portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In advance, sorry for the newbie question. I have installed SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio, and the SAP PDK, and I'm trying to create a simple portal application in .NET. I am reasonably familiar with .NET and have experience using the .NET Connector.

The first thing it says is that I need access to a running portal. How do I get this? Do I create one somehow? Where can I find out more about creating/accessing portals? From the Server Explorer, I can see where I can set up connections to existing portals, but how do I create a portal with a user and a password so I can connect to it?

Thanks for your time,

Derek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

You said that you installed SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio, and the SAP PDK, and that you trying to develop a simple portal application in .NET. In order to develop Portal Applications in .NET you need to install VS and SAP PDK.NET. No need to install SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio in order to develop .NET portal applications.

Anyway, the SAP PDK.NET is used to develop content using .NET for <u>SAP Enterprise Portal</u> . Are you using it in your organization?

Are you a NetWeaver customer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Tsachi,

Our company has previously used the DCOM connector for integration with SAP. We are now interested in using the .NET Connector and creating IViews. I have downloaded the trial SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio as I thought this might be needed. We are not currently using SAP Enterprise Portal, but we are interested in finding out more about it and using it. For now, I am interested in learning what I need to get access to a running enterprise portal. Is this something that can be set up and managed locally for experimenting with creating IViews, or is there something we need to purchase or subscribe to?

Derek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

I recommend that you contact your local SAP representative \ sales person in order to find out what is your company status and how you can get a hold on SAP Enterprise Portal.

Regards,

Tsachi