cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing on encrypted file...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well hola after a long time...We are currently working on a scenario where we are getting encrypted files...We need to send it to an external system..I know there is no mapping....and we haven't seen how an encrypted file would be...Would they normally have a certain structure..If they do have a structure, then its easy to get the encrypted file inbound and pass it on to the external system without mapping but if the encrypted is a bunch of 0's and 1's...is it possible to use XI as tunnel to pass on this file???

-Teresa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

here is a link to a document which talks in detail about the XML encryption.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0650f56-7587-2910-7c99-e1b6ffbe...

Hope it helps!!!!!!!!!!!!

reward points if found useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

If sending the documents please send it to jithamitra@gmail.com or reply to this message. thanks much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the same situation as Teresa . Can the experts send me some documentation to implement this scenario. I tried the links which were some response to Teresa's message but they did not work. Your assistance is most appreciated.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends, how the external system is accessed. The file adapter and jms adapter do not care about the structure, so you can pass the data unchanged.

For other adapter (for example SOAP), it might be useful to change the binaries into base64 code (like mail clients do). This weblog of Felix Reuben might give an idea about that:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/15/copy-a-file-with-same-filename-using-xi

Regards

Stefan

former_member185751
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

Yes, its possible to send/receive (unstructured)data in encrypted format using XI.

Refer to this document:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/unkown/webinars/ho... to handle unstructured source content for adapters/the pdf presentation of how to handle unstructured source content for adapters.pdf

If the link doesn't work, provide your email id, i will forward the document to you.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

can you please mail me the documentation for this scenario.

my email id- santosh.avvari@gmail.com

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Please mail me also this document. ur100@rediffmail.com

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sridhar,

Can you please share the document to the following ID. It will be of great help to me

--Joel.davis84@gmail