cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialogue Instance upgrade sceanrio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to upgrade Server cluster setup(Central InstDialogue InstanceMaxDB Instance on a single machine) from NW04 SP20 to NW04 SPS13

I have done foolowing steps

==================

1.Installed NW04 SP9(CI+DI),MaxDB7.5----Patched to SP20 with MaxDB version7.6 (I upgraded both CI and DI)

2.Upgraded to NW04S SPS13---Here I upgraded Central Inst sucessfully. but I am not finding any documents to upgrade Dialogue Inst as well.

The document which I have says you need to uninstall old inst first and install new one and doesnt say from where I can upgrade DI.

If anybody have idea of upgarding(or docs) DI from NW04 TO NW04S pls reply ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

DI installs are normally pretty small and straighforward. Maybe it's faster to just uninstall and reinstall it. Just back up your default/instance/profiles just in case you need the old parameters.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My sceanrio is finished successfuly.

As I said in my original post clearly, I am upgrading from NW04 Cluster (CI+DI installed) to NW04S SPS13.

I observerd there is difference in upgrading DI as compared to NW04 and NW04S.

In NW04 we have option to upgrade CI and DI separately for each higher SP

but NW04S when upgrade CI, It automatically upgrades DI as well. no need to upgrade it separately. any concerns ?

Any way thanks for help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

It seem's you don't have any additional DI's(Dialog Instances), so if you have any additional DI's then the procedure will be applicable( you need to uninstall old inst first and install new one and doesnt say from where I can upgrade DI). I guess your upgrade is completed and your question is answered.

Regards,

Hari.