cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt with receiver determination in configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have following scenario.

SENDER>XI>RECEIVER , both sender and receiver are Synchronous, in this case how many receiver determenations do i need. will one receiver determination will do as the routing logic is already known to the system.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In synchronous comminucation instead of acknowledgement the sender will recieve response from reciever. for thet you dont need to have two seperate reciever determinations. as the both request and response messages will be contained with n a single interfaceyou wil have only one reciever dermination.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

you just need only one receiver determination for together request and response. Synchronous communication does not have any acknowledgements.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Udo,

iam bit confused here why a Synch communication cannot have acknowledgement i.e response.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

synchr message have a performance handicap, sending application has to wait for the response. But you can controll the flow by the result. For that reason we ve acknowledgements: They are asynchr messages which give back a success controll for an original asynchr message. So you ve both: performance AND control.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No you will need two receiver determination,if your sender is receiver after getting acknowledgement.

Regards,

Akshay Jamgaonkar.

• Reward points if find useful.