cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help needed: Java Stack did not work anymore!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Java Gurus:

We have a instance on WAS 6.40 with ABAP and Java Stack installed with SP10 updated. Yesterday, someone accidentially removed the j2sdk1.4.2_06 directory. And our Java Instance did not work anymore. I reinstalled this j2sdk1.4.2_06, but when I tried to connect to J2EE

administrator, I got error message as "Error while trying to login to localhost: Cannot open connection on host: 10.4.2.221 and port: 50004". 10.4.2.221 is the IP address of the server.

My question is, after j2sdk1.4.2_06 was removed and reinstalled, what could be wrong during this process? are there other links or recomplie we have to do to get Java Instance working again?

Thanks,

Yujun Ran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yujun,

have you had a look in the Logfiles located in the directory <InstallDrive>:\usr\sap\<INSTANCEName>\JC00\work ?

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor,

We don't have the directory :\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00 and we only have a directory with the name :\usr\sap\<SID>\SCS01, I checked the work directory under it but could not find much information. Do you know why we don't have JC00 directory? Could you tell me what's exactly information we are trying to look for?

Thanks and Regards,

Yujun

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yujun,

do you have a cluster installation?

I'm looking for some log files where you can find more information. With that information you can search in OSS or here in SDN.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

No. I don't have a cluster installation. I have WAS 6.40 Java stack and ABAP on the same sever with SP10 updated. The system works fine with both Java and ABAP applications until the JDK directory was removed from OS level by mistake. And then nothing works in Java part, I reinstalled JDK in the same directory but problem still exist. It look like J2EE is not started anymore, even in MMC it still green light. I looked OSS note 718901 and did what it suggested but it doesn't help.

Thanks,

Yujun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yujun,

As I undertood, you are trying to connect to "J2ee engine visual administration" (after you uninstalled the jdk).

If it is so, please check out :

":\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS<num>\j2ee\admin\log"

there should be three directories. check the traces and the logs there.

If you can't find anything usefull, send them to me: sallaboy@gmail.com.

Kind Regards,

Dimitry Haritonov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yujun,

please run jcmon -<drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEB...\j2ee\os_libs\jcmon.exe pf=<drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\profile\<SID>_DVEB.._<server>

When you choose '20' - Local administration menue you'll see the java processes in some state. example: 'Running' or 'stopped'.

please tell me what you see (a screen shot will be nice).

Kind Regards,

Dimitry Haritonov