cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where should i fire the plug within the webdynpro component

Former Member
0 Kudos

when the search don't match for the url parameters passed in my scenario, i need to display the error view page, so wanted to know where should i fire the plug within the webdynpro component. could some one guide plz.

thanks n regards

Anoop

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anoop,

Just as you quoted, 'when the search does not match', right after that, in an else, fire the outbound plug of your view.

Regards,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the point is i should not fire the plug in the component controller right where the function module exits which gives me the result .

but here it is not advisable to fire the plug so wer else cud i do that ... i there a solution or should i go i for the event handling .

if so do comment .

regards

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can go for event handling. In the component controller, just fire an event that there is a search mismatch. Handle this event in your view, where you just fire the outbound plug.

Or, since you get the parameters in the url itself, instead of having 2 views, you can do it in one view itself by displaying only an error message when there is no record matching the query. If there are records, make the search results visible. Just have a context attribute to manipulate the visibility. This can be done with the comp controller itself, without any events.

Regards

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How do you call the FM, after some event is triggered in the view (say a button click). Do you call a method of component controller in your view? If so, after the processing of this method is done, you can check whether the result was ok and then fire this plug here (in view).

Regards,

Neha