cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Blog / Wiki Capability :)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was just reviewing a BI blog that was on how to identify and solve some common load problems in the BW.

Was wondering if there isn't some way to collect some of these types of blogs postings so that rather than being splattered across several author's blogs.

Could a moderated shared blog be a possible answer, a wiki? I suppose the author could try to pursue getting it published as an offical "How To", but these are usually a more modest effort.

I think what I'm looking for is a way to collect or index these helpful types of blogs. It might be nice to be able to pull together good forum threads that also serve as reference material.

There are many options with the forum and blog features. Just trying to find a better way that we can "harvest" all the knowledge that's available on SDN, and perhaps elsewhere.

Is it a wiki, is it a shared blog? Would it need to be moderated? Maybe it's something along the lines of a dedicated area like the BW Performance Tuning Knowledge Center on SDN - https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/developerareas/bi.sdn?page=bi_performance.htm

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pizzaman,

Don't forget that there is the Weblogs by Topic area. There all the BI Weblogs are listed:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/weblogs/topic/11

Does not help with all the great forum posts.

In XI Michal Krawczyk created an XI FAQ Weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions that he is updating.

Great, but not ideal. So yes the Wiki would be the best.

One thing we are struggling with though is how to reward good contributions on a Wiki. After all it is often a collective thing. We can't keep an eye on every page and give points accordingly. But we would like to reward people for good content nevertheless. How to do that?

Ideas very welcomed, Mark.

P.S. I guess I will have to skip your pizza for now and will come back to you when I am one day in your neck of the woods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very interesting ideas, Wiki's are not new to SDN although a bit on the "not noticed" side.

At the SDN Meets Labs @ Walldorf there was talk of the "Sapedia" a new Wiki for SDN. It's not been forgotten in fact it is moving forward, a bit slower than some would like and a bit faster than some others would like.

Does anyone else have anything to add to these comments, suggestions or thoughts?