cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM Problem - Error while detecting start profile for instance with ID _c

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I'm having a problem trying to run JSPM on our newly installed J2EE stack. The system is a ABAP+J2EE add in a MSCS cluster. There are three dialog application servers that are J2EE capable.

When I run JSPM on the central instance, I get the following error:

"Cannot initialize application data. Error while detecting start profile for instance with ID _c"

Below is an extract from the JSPM main log file:

#/System/Server/Upgrade/Phases/JSPM/JSPMPhases/JSPM_MAIN##com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.doExecute(AbstractPhaseType.java:748)#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.doExecute(AbstractPhaseType.java:748)#Java###Exception has occurred during the execution of the phase.##

#/System/Server/Upgrade/Phases/JSPM/JSPMPhases/JSPM_MAIN##com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.sysinfo.ProfileDetector.detectInstance(ProfileDetector.java:273)#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.sysinfo.ProfileDetector.detectInstance(ProfileDetector.java:273)#Java###Error while detecting start profile for instance with ID _c.##

#/System/Server/Upgrade/Phases/JSPM/JSPMPhases/JSPM_MAIN##com.sap.sdt.jspm.gui.InitialParametersDetector.createDataModelObjects(InitialParametersDetector.java:874)#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Error#1#com.sap.sdt.jspm.gui.InitialParametersDetector.createDataModelObjects(InitialParametersDetector.java:874)#Java###Cannot initialize application data.##

#/System/Server/Upgrade/Phases/JSPM/JSPMPhases/JSPM_MAIN##com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:792)#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:792)#Java###Phase has been completed.#1#JSPM/JSPMPhases/JSPM_MAIN# #/System/Server/Upgrade/Phases/JSPM/JSPMPhases/JSPM_MAIN##com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:793)#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:793)#Java###Start time: .#1#2007/09/06 08:14:24#

#/System/Server/Upgrade/Phases/JSPM/JSPMPhases/JSPM_MAIN##com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:794)#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:794)#Java###End time: .#1#2007/09/06 08:14:29# #/System/Server/Upgrade/Phases/JSPM/JSPMPhases/JSPM_MAIN##com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:795)#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:795)#Java###Duration: .#1#0:00:04.720#

#/System/Server/Upgrade/Phases/JSPM/JSPMPhases/JSPM_MAIN##com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:796)#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:796)#Java###Phase status is .#1#error#

Does anyone have any possible solutions to this problem?

Regards,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved the issue.

JSPM reads through all the files in the SYS\profile directory and the SYS/exe and can get upset if there is junk in there. I removed all inactive files and magic ... it now works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which verrsion of JSPM you are on. Please check note : 941627.

Reward points if helpful.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found a similiar post that solved a similiar problem by cleaning out the profile directory and removing old profiles. I have done this (leaving only the active start, instance and default profiles).

The problem still occurs.

Regards,

Jason