cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Forms in WebDynPro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am developing Adobe Forms in WebDynPro. When my form is generated I get "Preliminary, Draft, not for production Use" written across the form.The form works perfectly though.

Any ideas how to remove this text written on the form.????

Thanks

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please rectify the following error which i am getting.

I just create a Interactive Forms and i click edit. After that i give one input filed and i bind the view context to that field. Then i run the application and then i get this error. please tell me the solution....

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.ModifiableSimpleType incompatible with com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.ModifiableBinaryType

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

The license you got from SAP is for development purpose only. You can not use that liscense for production use. That's why that text is appearing on PDF file. If you buy the license for production from SAP then you won't get that text on PDF form.

Regards,

Bhavik

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

a little correction from SAP Product Management side.

My assumption is that you are using the Sneak Preview version of the SAP Web AS Java.

What you see has in the first instance nothing to do with the <b>licensing</b> of the Interactive Forms solution.

If you are a customer, you license SAP software, in this case SAP NetWeaver, for use in your company. The use of the Interactive Forms development tools are covered by this license.

For the runtime, i.e. to generate PDF forms on the server, you need a security certificate (credential), which is used by the Adobe document services to assign the different usage rights, such as 'local save', 'apply digital signature', 'fill in text fields', or 'print form', to the individual PDF form.

Normally, such credentials are issued by Adobe (through SAP, see SAP Note 736902) for each customer.

In the case of the Sneak Preview, SAP and Adobe wanted to keep the admin work to a minimum for all users, which is why we have time-limited credentials available in SDN. They expire after a maximum of 4 months, basically the time that the Sneak Preview can be used.

Hope this clarifies your question.

Kind regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Prodsuct Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Your answer was very helpful to understand about the licensing of Adobe Forms.

Just one more clarification.

We have a licensed version of NWDS and SAP WAS 640. We have requested a Credential File from SAP according to the note 736902 and awaiting the same.

We want to use Adobe Print Only Forms (NON-Interactive) and are developing the same using NWDS.

So according to my understanding, after applying the credential file, at runtime, the line "Preliminary, Draft, Not for production use" will no longer appear for "Print Only Forms".

Regards,

Shubham

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham

the credential watermark has nothing to do with the scenario you are using (print or interactive, online or offline).

The watermark is used for the Sneak Preview only. If you had ordered your software through SAP, you would have only had the option of applying for an official credential tied to your SAP customer information.

And yes: The watermark will disappear.

Kind regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These adobe forms are not licensed for production. If u r using it for production you can use only 5 adobe sheets without license and even that will carry this text.

If u dont want them to appear you have to get that licensed i guess !