cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using to_date functions in Com Channel for Oracle DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been trying to mask data while pulling from an Oracle DB. I run the following SQL in sqlplus and it works correctly

<b>select to_char(cse_wid, '9999.99') from iprdl</b>

then when I use XI,

I get a successful message in the adapter engine so I go in to look at the payload and receive this message.

<b> A name contained an invalid character. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/CSEIDIT/Local Settings/...

<TO_CHAR(CSE_WID,9999.99)> 10.70</TO_CHAR(CSE_WID,9999.99)>

-

^2 to_char(cse_wgt,'9999.99' ),

</b> then I also get a mapping error in the integration Engine. I have searched this forums and have found nothing that seems to fit this problem.

Thank you

Carl Seidita

Message was edited by:

Carl Seidita

Message was edited by:

Carl Seidita

Message was edited by:

Carl Seidita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not passing an XML to Oracle. Using a JDBC com. channel parmeter SQL Query option to pull records. have other fields the SQL but it does not like the TO_CHAR option . this is the full select

<b>SELECT PROD_ID, CREATE_DTIM, TO_CHAR ( CSE_WID, '9999.99' ), TO_CHAR (CSE_WGT ,'9999.99' ), CSE_UNIT, TO_CHAR (CSE_LEN, '9999.99' ), TO_CHAR (CSE_HGT, '9999.99' ), cse_cub, inner_pack_wid, inner_pack_wgt, inner_pack_unit, inner_pack_len, inner_pack_hgt, inner_pack_cub FROM iprdl

WHERE (iprdl.extr_flag <> 'Y' OR extr_flag IS NULL)</b>

The adapter Engine give me a successful Message but when I go to view the payload, I get that error and it does not map to the inegration engine

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carl,

Could you give us the XML that u are passing to Oracle. I think the XML which u are passing is not valid.

Also, refer the thread . Look for the Bahvesh's referred blog. Make sure that ur xml looks like referred in the blog. They used To_Date, In ur case it has to be TO_CHAR

raj.