Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with menu role in BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends.

I got a problem regarding Menu Roles .Can any one advice me over this.

I have a menu role A1 assigned to User and it has some queries in it.

I have also another role B1 which is analyst role which has info provider and query access.

When i open in bex analyzer and go to Role tab i can find A1 menu with queries and also

role B1 with the queries of A1.

Same queries in both A1 and B1.

NOTE: B1 is not a meny role ..it just provides access to Infoproviders.

Thanks,

Ram

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

few questions:

1 do the info providers in Role B contain more queries than the queries in role A?

2 does the user you test with have both roles assigned.

3 does role B give access to more infoproviders than role A.

4 is there a change one of your users with wider access has assigned the queries to role B

0 Kudos

Hello

Appreciate your help.

1.Role B do not contain any queries.It just has infoproviders.Role A has only queries and workbooks and no infoproviders.

2.Yes,user has both the Roles A and B.

3.Role B has only infoproviders.Role A does not have any infoproviders .Role A has only queries and workbooks.its just a menu role.

4.no

Thanks,

Ram

0 Kudos

I would check teh values in all roles for S_USER_AGR on Field Actvivity_group. probably there are people that have wide access here (like *) as that is normally the leak which allows users to add queries to roles. No one except for those who should be allowed to add queries to roles should have this object in any role, beside the user adminstator (who might be the leak then??) And NO ONE should have SAP_ALL.

If you cannot find one of the above, kneel down and start praying as you have witnessed a miracle!