cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM 5.0 DP Generate CVC error: Length of material number exceeds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, we recently upgraded to 5.0 from 4.0 and I am trying to generate CVCs using the transaction SA38, program /SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_MAINTAIN, loading data from an InfoProvider. I am able to manually create a CVC but when I try to generate in the background using an infoprovider, I receive the following error:

"Length of material number exceeds current setting". Has anyone seen this error before? If so, what is the cause and how was it resolved?

No further detail is available as the screen returns to the main menu when I double click the error message. The error doesn't make sense to me since we don't use material number as a characteristic in the cube. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Kimberly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error occur when the lengh of product defined in customizing

settings mismatch with settings from BW (RSD1).

Kindly first goto tcode rsd1->enter your infoobject for product

eg:9AMATNR and check the lengh of this characteristic.

And kindly check the following customizing setting:

SPRO -> Advanced Planning and Optimization -> Master Data -> Product ->

Specify Output Format of Product Number

This check is introduced by note 1025196.

As an option you can apply the 1090574 which deletes the note 1025196.

Regards,

Sunitha.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunitha!

Your suggestion solved my problem. I applied OSS note 1090574 to remove the check between customizing and BW introduced by note 1025196.

Regards,

Kimberly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if OSS Note 872757 would fix my problem? My problem occurs in Demand Planning when trying to generate CVCs. This note sounds like it applies more to SNP.

Symptom

You execute transaction RSRT and you get the following error message:

/SAPAPO/MAT240, Length of material number exceeds current setting.

Other terms

SNP CONVERSION EXIT PRODU MASTER PRODUCT

Reason and Prerequisites

1. Program error,

2. note 745626 is applied,

3. the usage of leading zeros is automatically set in the system,

4. the used product name is a numerical value.

Solution

Correct your source code as described in the correction instructions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The original problem: Length of material number exceeds current setting

Message no. /SAPAPO/MAT240

When I checked the MPOS: Not All InfoObjects Can Be Read (See Long Text)

Message no. R7B284

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, we have not found a fix yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's exactly what I wondered - why is it pulling in material when we use a characteristic called ZUEPROD. I checked the MPOS and received the following warning:

Not All InfoObjects Can Be Read (See Long Text)

Diagnosis

Inconsistent InfoObjects exist in the system.

System Response

The inconsistency may be caused by a program termination while saving or activating the InfoObject or in its after import treatment.

Procedure

Repair the InfoObject: From the Data Warehousing Workbench click on the 'InfoObject' pushbutton to branch to InfoObject maintenance (or choose transaction RSD1). Choose the function Extras--> Repair InfoObject. Set the processing so that the repair can be executed (default setting is test mode) and choose Execute.

I followed this procedure (not in test mode) and still the warning exists so I suspect that it didn't find anything to repair.

I also tried a consistency check of the MPOS. It only shows a yellow warning next to check duplicate entries.

Any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are upgrading from SCM 4.1 to SCM 5.0. When I check our MPOS, I get the exact same message that you are getting --> Not All InfoObjects can be Read.

Have you found a fix?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kimberly

Can you give me the error number.?

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suresh for the suggested thread. After completing the following, I still have the issue and cannot determine the cause.

- I checked the OSS note 820991 but it applies to planning book / data selection and the shuffler. My problem is with CVC generation.

- I checked SPRO under APO > master data > Product > Specify Output Format of Product Number but our product length is 18.

- I displayed the char. combinations and see no characteristics greater than 40.

- I checked in RSA1 that no characteristics are greater than 40.

- I checked in /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN that the product and location was assigned.

I still receive this message when attempting to generate CVCs in the background using an infoprovider:

Length of material number exceeds current setting

Message no. /SAPAPO/MAT240

Procedure

Read the corresponding OSS notes from Support Package 8 onwards.

Regards,

Kimberly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kimberly -

how come it is picking up your material number when you are not even trying to upload it. Can you take a look at the characteristics that you have defined for your Cube as well as the MPOS. there might be a problem with that.

Hope that might help.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kimberly -

look at the following Thread

Search for this in SCM-APO Thread: Planning book issue

It is talks about the same issue you might be facing

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Suresh Garg