cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Tecnology TDMS Test Data migration Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus TDMS

I am analyzing the information concerning this technology offered by SAP.

I have a series of questions on the same one, I go to its experience in the subject.

I have the following scene of IT.

1. Hosts DEVELOPMENT ERP ECC 5.0

1. Hosts TEST ERP ECC 5.0

1. Hosts PRODUCTIVE ECC 5.0

1. Hosts SOLUTION MANAGER BBPCRM 3.1

I am inexperienced in the TDMS subject, have analyzed all the information concerning the subject, but I even have left some question.

1.¿According to the recommendation of SAP, in necessary to have a dedicated host, so that it acts the TDMS as. ?

At the moment our product SOLUTION MANAGER, does not have of service load, (is Null, this sub-being used)

4. ¿ Is possible add to this product the service of TDMS hosts? Or ¿ Is necessary to make BASIC a new installation of product ECC 5,0 (New Host), so that it can make the tasks of TDMS Hosts.

Bibliografy. (Master Guide: SAP TDMS 2006)

“ 2.2.4 Setting up the TDMS Server The standard way of setting up the TDMS server is to install the TDMS software in an empty SAP system. Alternatively, an existing system (e. g. SAP Solution Manager System) may be used.”

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael.

Thanks for the answers, the recommendation of SAP is very clear, but I insist on the following question.

Could implement the component of TDMS in present hosts Solution Manager?

I read notes 970531, 970532, 970534, 970539,890797, and Master Guide SAP TEST DATA MIGRATION SERVER RELEASE 2006.

I am trying download PORTAL SAP the ADDONS DMIS XXXX_X_XXX and DMIS_CNT XXXX_X_XXX, this requires a specific license . …..?

I am trying Download these Addons and them encounter in the PORTAL of SAP, I do not suppose that such it encounter, so that not yet I have the license, not to use TDMS.

The possibility exists in which SAP provides licenses DEMO for TDMS. . .?

Because the question ?

At the moment in my Colombia country, not yet exists implementations of he himself, we case of reference for the region.

Thanks for you valuable experence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helpme . . .!

Former Member
0 Kudos

helpme

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

have a look at the last response in this thread:

also have a look at this official sap doc:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b43e2b4d-0b01-0010-c191-cba32880...

and from it:

"With regard to data security, however, we strongly recommend that you implement the TDMS server separately. Typically, this would mean that the TDMS server is installed on a machine of its own. However it is also possible to operate it on a machine where a development system (or similar) resides."

you can also check out note:

877860 Note on TDMS installation

Regards,

michal