cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization in WebDAV for cFolders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have autorization rules set for the collaboration folder structure from none to write to read etc.

In cFolders application for that user it all applies. But when I get the WebDAV URL in that user login, these authorizations is not applied. i.e. even folders which are set 'none' (not visible in cFolders application) are visible.

Is this the way WebDAV behaviour is or am I missing something?

Regadrs

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

We are trying to use WebDAV for its functionality on settings in order to "upload" user settings for the File Server, i.e. assign the content server depending on the user location. Can webDAV be used in this respect? Is it any badi or bapi to help us do the upload in the xml file after we do all the webDAV URL settings?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Lacramioara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are no standard API that allows you to upload the user settings XML file.

Check this method CL_CFX_SETTINGS_DOC=>TEST. This is just an example of how to modify the webdav file at runtime. So this way you can modify the user setting programmatically

regards

Murugesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

WebDAV is used for settings

this url need not be used by any user bt only system administrator.

Niranjan

Award if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan

But this link in cProjects and cFoldesr is visible for user who have SAP_CFX_USER and SAP_CPR_USER after making settings in R/3.

Also SAP documentation seems to suggest that this is used instead of earlier Windows explorer based and is not specific to Admin alone for settings. It also mentions that files/strcuture can be managed using WebDAV.

Regards

Senthil

peter_szincsak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

you can use WebDAV for two purposes:

a) maintenance of cFolders settings with special URL

b) to maintain documents in cFolders via the MS Windows Explorer using the SAP NetWeaver Portal Drive.

You do not need the Enterprise Portal to be installed to use the WebDAV functionality together with SAP NetWeaver Portal Drive.

The name SAP NetWeaver Portal drive is a little bit misleading.

It is called Portal drive, since it is the WebDAV client for the Knowledge Management (KM) of the portal also.

When using the SAP NetWeaver Portal drive with cFolders no portal is required as the SAP NetWeaver Portal drive acts also as WebDAV client for cFolders. The SAP NetWeaver Portal drive is a 3rd party WebDAV client from a company called XYTHOS (http://www.xythos.com/home/xythos/company/company.html), which can be used by SAP customers for free.

You can download the Installer for the SAP NetWeaver Portal drive from SAP Service Marketplace under http://service.sap.com/swdc

-> Download -> SAPSupport Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group

-> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver2004s -> Entry by Component -> Frontend -> Portal Drive 4.4

Documentation:

Integration of cFolders with a WebDAV Client

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm400/helpdata/en/1b/8688428b42c553e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Configuration of SAP NetWeaver Portal Drive for KM (most of the stuff is valid also for cFolders)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/42/e6753939033ee5e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Working with Folders in Windows (Portal Drive) for KM (most of the stuff is valid also for cFolders)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/42/c99b91341a6bade10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Important: you must not use the Microsoft WebDAV interface for maintaining documents in cFolders collaborations. It does not fit to cFolders as there are security issues with using Microsoft WebDAV (my network places) together with cFolders

Regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

The links were helpful to understand WebDAV stuff. But I was not able to see any info whether the authorizations set in cFolders or cProjects gets applied to WebDAV fodlers automiatically for respective users. I see that WebDAV link is visible to all users in their respective portal.

Please help if I had missed to see any related info.

Regards

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Senthil

can you please explain where do u find WEBDAV link in

cFolder/Cproject.

im not getting anything

can u explain me basics of WEBDAV.

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan

Once you have configured for WebDAV in R/3 customization as in the IMG guide link in previous emial, it is visible in cProjects tab Projects->Structure->Documents. Clicking the link opens a message window that shows URL to create a web folder. Using this url, you click My Network Places->Add a network place i.e. you create a web folder using which you can copy/paste documents.

In cFolders this functionality is seen by clicking Additional Functions button for a folder in collabroation.

WebDAV is a new interface recommended by SAP instead of Windows Explorer based document management.

Regards

Senthil

peter_szincsak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

when using WebDAV to maintain documents in a cFolders collaboration with the help of the SAP NetWeaver Portal Drive the authoriuations set in cFolders are respected.

Also keep in mind, that WebDAV is used also to make cFolders settings. Here you do not need the SAP NetWeaver Portal Drive to access the xml-files, which define the settingas for users, objects,.... You can use My Network Places of the Microsoft Windows Explorer to access cFolders.

BUT: For for accessing documents in cFolders, the My Network Places of the Microsoft Windows Explorer are not a secure tool !

Regards

Peter