cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tranporting objects to system with other SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I would like to understand the exact process steps for transporting objects via the file system to a system with a separate SLD.

Let me explain.

We have set up three systems: development, quality assurance, and production.

We also have two SLDs. The first is connected to Dev and QA. The second one is used for the Production system.

I have transported the development objects to the QA system via file transport. Thus, I have created transport targets for all Development systems towards the QA systems in the first SLD.

Now I want to transport the objects from QA to the Production system. This is the one with a separate SLD.

This means I cannot create transport targets in the first SLD to the second SLD, right?

How do I proceed?

<i>- Will reward poimts for helpful answers.</i>

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One of my favorite topics Cant resist giving it a shot thought it has already been done.

1. Transport Products and Software Components from QA SLD to Prod SLD. This is a SLD level export import and you will get a .CIM file that can be stored in your desktop and then imported into the new SLD and so on .

2. You will need to transport QA Technical System and Business System from QA SLD to the Prod SLD.

3. You will also need to export the Tech and Business Systems of your QA XI server to the Prod SLD. This will allow you to create a Transport Group for the QA Objects on Prod SLD.

4. Manually create Tech And Business Systems for Prod on Prod SLD. and create the transport Group. Create the transport targets.

You are done with the SLD part and now you should be able to do the actual transports.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

This is my favorite too.

What you told is correct. I tried it around one year back. It worked.

To A. Schotanus,

Here you have to export all the tech systems from QA sld to prod.

On prod, u have to create 2 Business System Groups :1. QA 2.Prod

You will have 2 Integration servers for the 2 groups, one each.

From Bhavesh's 4th point:

.....I dont think you will have to create the tech systems on prod, but RZ70 should publish them.

Good luck.

It should be fun working with that.

reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

> From Bhavesh's 4th point:

> .....I dont think you will have to create the tech

> systems on prod, but RZ70 should publish them.

>

> Good luck.

> It should be fun working with that.

>

> reg

I think these are published from the Java Visual Admin and ExchangeProfile.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Schotanus,

This will solve you problem

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

Regards,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you copied/sent the Dev SLD data to the Production SLD?

You then create/link the the Prodcution system to the QA Systems for transport.

You can use the import/export function in Administration, or in Data Supplier use the Update other SLDs.