cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to archive file on the receiver side using file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our company we have many file to file scenarios some of them for B2B communication. We want to archive all the files that are sent from vendor to our company. Is there a way of archiving the orignal files being sent by the vendors?

Regards,

Xier

Message was edited by:

XIer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your sender Comm channel, In Processing mode set "Archive". The Files that have been successfully processed will be moved to an archive directory

Regards,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

we want to archive the files before they are processed by XI, i.e the way the sender adapter picks it up.

Regards,

XIer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>we want to archive the files before they are processed by XI, i.e the way the sender adapter picks it up.

well if the files are not picked up by XI then they will stay in the sender directory then why do u want to archive them and create a duplicate copy.

files are archived when they are picked by sender file adapter so that in future if we have any issue in message transfer we can resend them,simple set the mode as archive in the sender CC.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir, I meant receiver file adapter. Apologise for the confusion. I want to archive the files on the receiver side.

Regards,

Xier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

no problem:)

so u want to have a duplicate copy of file on receiver side?

what you can do is write a small shell script which will just make one more copy of the file.

if u dont want to write shell script,then configure one more file receiver CC and then u will have 1 sender CC and 2 receiver CC.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir, I don't want the duplicate copy, I need to archive the orignal file being sent, i.e unprocessed file. I know there is a option in receiver file adapter 'Run Operating System Command Before Message processing', but I don't know what to give there?

Regards,

XIer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

sorry i m unable to understand ur actual requirement:)

its not possible to get unprocessed file on receiver side.you file will only reach receiver side when it has passed through XI and then it won't be unprocessed,it will be processed.

if u want to archive the file on sender side then use the archive mode in the sender CC.

in the Run OS command u have to actually give the shell script.

if u can explain the requirement a bit more we should be able to help

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir,

If you check the receiver file adapter there is a option 'Run Operating System Command Before Message processing' why do you think that is needed then?

Regards,

XIer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

as i said earlier ,you can execute an OS system command by specifying that in that option.to run a shell script we make use of this option

have a look at the following

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/17/xi-operation-system-command--error-catching

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi

thanx

Aamir

Answers (0)