cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send E-Mail Notification executing through workflow?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All

I want to send E-Mail Notification executing through workflow in MDM Data Manager?

I have tried it, But still i am unable to send E-Mail Notification?

i will explain, how i have tried?

1) I have created the simple workflow with the following components

they are in sequence

start--> process-> notify--->stop

2) owner of the workflow is Admin and launcher of the workflow is Admin and i have given email id to the Default Admin user in the console.

3) i have created another user (i.e. User2) with default roles as like as Admin and i have assigned User2 to the process component in workflow and I have created e-mail address for the User2 in the console.

4) i have created another user(i.e.User1) with default roles as like as Admin. and give e-mail address,under the notify component User1 is selected in To Field.

5) stop component as usual

coming to configuration part about the SMPT server in MDS.ini file

1) in mds.ini file for the MailServer=, I have given SMTP Server name once and restarted the server and executed the workflow, but not worked

2)in mds.ini file for the MailServer=, i have given SMTP Server IP Address and checked the port,and we have configured the host file also and restarted the server and executed the worflow , but not worked

In all the ways i have executed and tried to send E-Mail Notifications through workflow, But I didn't

can any one help where i have went wrong, so i can rectify it

what actually we have to give in mds.ini file? is any other cofiguration required for it?

if any one have any solution for it , can you please explain me in step by step

Thanks in Advance

bharat.chinthapatla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

your steps seems to be correct. Just try to ping your mail server, to verify if your mail server is running up, besides note that mdm go throw port 25 for sending emails, so please check if you are able to send emails using port 25 in your network.

Regards,

Vito