cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV data not displayed if IE language is not EN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help me to sort this issue of records not displayed in ALV on portal if the IE language is not EN.

Points will be rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it coming properly when u independly run your webdynpro application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

One idea although problem description is VERY short and unspecific:

If not explicitely defined different in the iView properties the language is also handed over to the WDA application. Maybe the things you wanna display are language-dependent and only values for language EN are maintained in the backend.

Otherwise you have to go more into detail to decribe us your problem .....

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on POWL application in WD4A.

When I login to portal with IE language set to English then all the orders are displayed in the ALV but when I change the language of the IE to some other language (for instance,French or German) the orders are not displayed.It shows 0 orders .

Can you please assist how to rectify this issue.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,

Vinita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinita,

Can you just debug and check whether it is a display problem or whether the data is coming at all? It could be a problem with the business logic rather than ALV configuration.

Regards,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

If you debug have a look at the function modules you use to obtain the data. Does the data retreival work okay when you test the function using transaction SE37 and then press test or F8?

Like already mentioned I am almost sure that this is not a portal but an application issue .... so check your data retrieval functions in backend first ...

The portal in this case is stupid, because it's only the container in which your application runs.

Regards,

Volker