cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Problem WAS 6.40 ABAP SR 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install WAS 6.40 ABAP SR 1 on MS SQL Server. Installation of the Central Instance worked fine. During database installation (phase 16 - database load), however, I repeatedly get a popup with the following error message:

-

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

-

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\usr\sap\THB\SYS\exe\run\R3load.exe

R6025

- pure virtual function call

After pressing "OK" database load continues, but shortly before finishing the lase load process I get another popup from SAPInst hinting at errors which can be found in several log files (most of them I don't understand).

"Retry" has no effect except bringing up another popup with only an "OK" button. Pressing this button finishes SAPinst at this point of the installation.

Restarting ends with the same result, whether restarting the "current installation" or "from scratch".

I tried both unicode an non-unicode installation with the same result.

A DB load parameter I didn't understand was "database code page", where SAPinst proposed a value of 4103. Although I never heard of such a codepage number I left the value unchanged. The (corresponding?) SQL server collation is "SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN2" - according to the SQL server installation documentation. Should I have chosen "0850" instead of "4103"? Has the codepage any relevance for my problem?

Has anyone experienced similar problems or can answer my

codepage question?

I would be very grateful for any hints leading me a step further.

Thomas Bellinghausen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas:

Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same problem and have uninstalled and re-installed the program countless times. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the best is you retry the import with the newest R3load.exe, dbmssslib.dll and r3loadmss.pdb for 640.

regards

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananda,

thank your for your hint. The idea was surely good. But after downloading the installation master and the kernel CDs/DVDs, I did unfortunately not receive newer versions of the files you named than I had already used during my installations attempts.

Best regards

Thomas Bellinghausen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now also no problem.

Stop the installation.

You download the latest from Service market place. extract and put in \usr\sap\<sid>\sys\exe\run.

Restart the installation(DI).

take a backup of run before doing this.

regards

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananda,

unfortunately the problem remains:

Although the files downloaded from the service market place were not newer than the files I already had, I tried a reinstallation after replacement. The installation stopped with the same errors.

Nevertheless thank you for your advice. Still I don't give up hope.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meanwhile I tried codepages 0850 and 1252 as "database code page" in the db load parameters, leading only to hte following error message in several log files:

Error from: Codepage handling (RSCP)

code: 2048 RSCPENOCONV Wanted conversion not available. |

out character code "1252" unknown |

So the chosen codepage does not seem to be the problem.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my opinion this is problem with Windows (you applied all updates and hotfix?) or with DLL called dbmssslib.dll. This DLL is a part of SAP kernel, mayby update SAP kernel to patch level 71 can help you?

Codepage 4103 for Unicode is correct.

Best Regards,

Tomasz Wawrzonek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you installing unicode or non-unicode. unicode has separate installation steps that is little different. it should be indicated on your CD or DVD whether software is for unicode or not. it goes same for multi-national language code if I remeber correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tomasz,

thank you very much for your reply. It might be a step towards a solution.

I found dbmssslib.dll twice, in the following folders:

C:\usr\sap\THB\SYS\exe\run and

C:\usr\sap\THB\SYS\exe\uc\NtI386

(THB ist the SAP system name).

The File Version number in both cases is 6400.43.10.44305.

I am trying to install Web AS ABAP SR 1 (service stack 9). Unfortunately I don't know the relationship between SR 1 and SAP kernel patch levels nor the relationship between that file version number and kernel patch levels.

Do you know whether kernel patch level 71 should be included in SR1?

Thanks so much

Thomas Bellinghausen