cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup for Printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to setup a printer in SAP. Also, let me know how to modify if there is an existing printer.

Thanks alot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SETTING UP A PRINTER IN R/3

Ask your Expert User, User Administrator, or Technical Support person, or perform these steps.

1) From the R/3 menu, click System, select User Profile, choose Own Data. The Maintain User Profile window displays.

2) Click "Defaults".

3) Under "Spool Control" in the "Outputdevice" field, type the name of your local SAP R/3 output device or printer name.

• Check "Output Immediately" if desired.

• Check "Delete After Output" if desired.

4) Under "Decimal Notation", check the appropriate decimal selection.

5) To save your updates from the tool bar menu, click User, select Save, or press Ctrl+S on your keyboard.

PRINTING IN R/3

1) Click the Printer icon, or from the menu, click Report, select Print.

2) If the Print current report dialog box appears, click the check Continue icon to get the "Print List" dialog box.

3) Ensure your printer is listed in the "Outputdevice" field.

4) Select print options as needed.

5) Once all printing options are selected, click the check Continue button to print.

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/how-to-install-new-printer-drivers-in...

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/adding-of-new-printer-device-1312699

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the message,

I would also like to know if requester of the PO's name and phone number be printed on the PO under Contact Person/Telephone. How can it be configured?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

for output types check transaction code BD64.

check output determination procedure .

reward points

sriram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How and where to check for users settings for a particluar access to printer. I want to check for user regarding the printer configured to his/her system. the issue is the user tried to change the settings in user profile to the new printer, but still the old printer is taking the print by default. where can i see both the user settings and the configuration to change it.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

The Printer set up will be done with the help of local network people.

But the Printer Settings like Page size like A3 and A4, Length and Width and Landscape or Portrait these things will be done at Script Leve using SE71 Transaction.

But the Print option like the print should be come from Tray.1 or Tray.2 this kind of things will be done with the help of Local Network People.

Hope this Clairifies Your Doubts and Please Reward If Really Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

What would be the output type for a purchase order? I want to check if the output type has been correctly configured to the printer.

Thanks!