Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM - Contr Vs GOA , product cat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can anyone please help me understand the following :

( I am using extended classic scenario)

1. <b>Can't we replicate contract to backend as that of GOA</b> ?

What is the actual difference between contract and GOA and in whcih case both are used ?

2. If I create a local product category in EBP, then how could I create the SC with that product category as the same won't be there in backend ? will it work and if works , how ?

Thanks in Advance,

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Contracts and GOAs are two different elements. The main differenes is, that GOAs

cannot be used as Source of Supply. You need to have a contract. GOAs building

a general frame, in which purchasing organizations can act and use for operational

purpose. Therefore a contract is a valid source of supply and is operational used.

With this, SRM supports both ways:

- You can create a GOA in SRM and make it available via distribution to the

release allowed Purchasing Organizations. Via distribution an operation contract is

created in the Backend System, which therefore can be used for source. To

control the release status, the POs against each operation contract whioch is

based on a GOA is send back to SRM.

- You can also directly create a contract in SRM, which can be the directly used

as a source of supply in SRM. This document is the only valid for the named POrg

and Pgroup and cannot be shared accross. When you use the extended classic

scenario, it is assumed, that all purchasing activities are done in SRM, therefore

purchasers need to have a function to create contracts like in ECC.

Via BADI it is possible to force the creation of the contract directly in ECC - makes

sense in an environment, where lot of sourcing is done in ECC.

Local Product Categories can only be used in the SRM environment. You create

a SC with the relevant information. After workflow, the SC is sent to the

Purchaser's sourcing cockpit to manage the SC and create a PO. All the activities

are done in SRM.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Claudia.....

That hepled me a lot.

But, I am still confused with local product category.

When you create the SC and follow on docs( in our case PO) , will it be replicated to backend ? If yes, then what about the product category ( material group) in PO in backend PO as this local product category won't be there in backend ?

Thanks,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Claudia,

One more thing I would like to know:

Is there any specific config setting for replicating GOAs to backend ?

If yes, what all config setting one need to do for that ?

Thanks again,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

have a look into the service marketplace into Strategic Sourcing Guide. Within the

document the steps are described:

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700002897362004E

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

In reference to your queries regarding Product Categories & GOAs please go through the following points :

1. Local Product categories can only be used in SRM (stand alone). If you create a SC with local product category you can create all the follow on docs like P.O , confirmation and invoice in SRM. They will not be distributed to the back end.

Only the accounting document will be sent to backend for accounting purposes once you create the invoice (Vendor accounts get settled in the backend).

2. The GOA is an agreement which can be used as a reference for creating contracts / Purchasing docs both in SRM & in backend R/3. Where as the contracts created in SRM can not be distributed to the backend.

For distributing GOA to backend you should activate BADIs both in SRM & in R/3

BBP_CTR in Backend R/3

BBP_CTR_BE_CREATE in SRM

and you have to maintain transaction type GCTR and number ranges for the same both in SRM & R/3.

Hope this will make you more clear.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Teja,

Your answer was of great help to me.....Thanks a lot for the same.

Also.....

Dear Claudia,

The link provided by you was explained all my doubts relating to GOA.....Thanks to you also.

But, I have one stupid doubt related to product category and products in SRM .

I am using the <b>Extended Classic Scenario</b> with SRM 5.0 and ECC 6.0 as my backend.

Now my doubt is:

1. If I create local products and product categories in SRM, can I replicate the same to backend and if yes, how?

Your help is appreciated..

Thanks,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

local Product categories can only be used in SRM. They are not replicated,

because they only are used locally in SRM.

If you create a SC with local product category you can create all the follow on

docs like P.O , confirmation and invoice in SRM. They will not be distributed to

the back end.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Claudia for your reply.

I tried the following scenario: ( extended classic)

I created a local product cat and assigned the same in exdended attributes for user and the respective purchasing group and purchasing org.Also maintained the same in responsibility for purchasing group.

Now I created a SC with complete data which resulted in creation of purchase order. But when I checked in follow on docs, it says " PO 3000....55 created/Error in process".

With RZ20, it says the local product cat does not exist in backend.

So, I couldn't find that PO in backend.

Also, I couldn't create the confirmation in SRM as I couldn't find the PO there.

As per your previous reply, I could do the confirmation and Invoice creation in SRM. ( as per my understanding from your reply) which is not happening.

So, <b>can you please tell me how can we use the local product category in extended classic scenaio ?</b>

Thanks in advance,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

As informed by Claudia, you can not distribute the P.O created for a local product category to back end.

If you create a P.O with local product category it will not be sent to back end as there is no such thing exists in R/3. Thats why you are getting an error.

In this case you should have a local P.org and local P.group which is responsible for that P.org in your org. structure.In the function column only the box to be checked for the P.org and P.group. Nothing else should be entered.

Using this you can create shopping cart, P.O, Confirmation and invoice.But they will not be distributed to backend except the accounting document.

The accounting document will be sent to backend R/3 using IDOC.

Hope this will make you more clear.

Any clarifications are welcome.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Teja.

I will try with your suggested solution.

Regards,

Vidyadhar.

Answers (0)