cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM user statuses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I tried to find by myself the meaning of user statuses (MAM30_095 190 items?) in MAM, however did not succeed. I've searched in the PM documentation without success as well..

What I exactly mean is the two-list screen with "Numeric User Statuses" and "Non-Numeric User Statuses" lists, up to now I did not see any data exposed out there...

So, anyone can give a hint?

Best Regards,

Lalo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First, thanks for the reply, but really I cannot get much of this If you have a time and will to explain it simpler ... Anyway, thanks

Best Regards,

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

Let me explain.

Generally User statuses are used because the SAP provided statuses for a particular object(eg Order, Notification etc) might not be sufficient.

For eg: take a simple case,

Lets say the requirement is

1. When the technician open an Order, he should set a status OPEN.

2. When the technician reaches the site, he should set a status REAC

3. The status should be changed only from OPEN to REAC but not vice-versa.

The above requirement is obviously not directly supported by SAP status management. So, we use User statuses here.

If we use numeric status numbers, we can select only one. that's why you see a radio button. Using numeric status numbers, we can restrict the user to change the status back to OPEN if the object already has REAC.

Now I change my requirement to

1. When the technician open an Order, he should set a status OPEN.

2. When the technician reaches the site, he should set a status REAC

3. Both statuses should be visible.

By using non-numeric statuses, we can achieve above req. You can see that check boxes are available. You can mark both the statuses.

Hope I made it simple.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Best Regards,

Subhakanth

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

User status is a standard feature of SAP Plant Maintenance and Customer Service module. In SAP PM/CS objects can have two kind of statuses: system status (which are not really customizable) and User Statuses that can be customized depending on customer business needs.

In MAM only user statuses can be changed for the next objects: order header, order operation, notification header, notification task, equipment and functional location.

In all relevant SyncBos there are table (for example, MAM010Item110) that will bring to the device user statuses set in the backend for notification as well as send back all changes made on the device.

SyncBo 095, on the other hand, brings to the device values available for user statuses because when mobile user tries to change them on the device they can only come from a list of predefined values.

The difference between "with numbers", "with no numbers" on the backend they are displayd as radio buttons versus check boxes. And they are represented in the same way on the device. Basically, when you set user statuses "with numbers" only one can be set at a time and you can introduce logic on the backend what is the order in which they can be set.

To get user statuses fucntionality you have to create user status profiles (in spro) and then assigne sthose profiles to order, notif, etc.

Those profiles will be sent in 095 SyncBo.

User statuses is a mighty tool which is used by most of the customers. As I said before, mobile user can not change order system status to TECO but he can change user status to "Completed" to indicate that he has finished a job 9and filter set that order is removed from his device). Then his supervisor can verify what is done and TECO the order, or do audit first (and uses user statuses to manage this process).

Regards,

Larissa Liamrova

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

You can give it a shot.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/ee/41f7c746ee11d189470000e829fbb

d/frameset.htm

If you still couldn't understand, I can explain you.

Best Regards,

Subhakanth