cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about SDN and MaxDB from SAP for Open Source users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear members,

When i registered in SDN its to use MaxDB that i downloaded from sdn to upgrade my old SapDB 7.3, today i'm having many troubles with the version 7.6.2.10 and know that many of my problems are solved in a new version, but today the access to this new version is only ready for SAP customers, for me i must wait the post on SDN downloads, since i'm an OpenSource user, i think that i'm in the wrong place, then the question is i must go out from SDN and go back to mysql lists and do a downgrade to MySQL version of MaxDB? there is a chance to SAP change this and put their versions acessible for openSource users? like for example, access to source code too, solaris versions etc...?

i like to contribute, but for me appears that here isnt the right place for openSource users, right?

best regards

Clovis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clovis,

we'll provide version 7.6.03.07 on the SDN rather soon and will strenghten to do this with new versions in the future but we will keep the policy to only put Windows and Linux there. Nor do we provide sources on the SDN. Sorry for having no better news.

Regards

Jörg Hoffmeister

Development Mgr MaxDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg,

Well for me the sources and solaris version, is just for testing, with that you told me good news, i can stay using the version supplied from SDN, because in production we always use the Linux version, the only trouble is when we reach a BUG, then dont exists a way to get the patchs. just wait for new release on SDN, but as you say those versions will be provided more fast. I'm really wait this version 7.6.03.07 with a hope to solve all our problems.

best regards

Clovis

Answers (0)