cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplified Change the receiver?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we migrate a programm running on J2EE application server to a JEE5. The program provides web services which are consumed by XI.

For testing the new migration I have to implement a possibility to switch between those systems. Therefore I added a new receiver agreements and interface determination for the new system and added two condition in receiver determination. Just setting the condition 1=0 or 1=1 depending which system should be used.

Because even the WSDLs changed a little, I have to import them into repository and create new interfaces. What would you say is the best way to implement these second WSDL? I would try to create a multi-mapping so that both intefaces receive the neccessary information. This way, I would only have to change the conditions in directory to switch between the systems.

I can't insert a flag into the WSDL for using a XPath condition, so this isn't an option. Even I can't use a static mapping for determine a receive (too low patch level).

Is this possible or do I have a logical error?

If I import a WSDL as external definition does he also take the URL of the web service for internal use or is the manuel entry of the target URL in soap receiver channel the only point he takes this information??

greetz

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From that what I have undesrtood from your question, I would say:

When you have different interfacec, then you could have different mappings, and you add the mapping to the interface determination. As the interface determination comes after receiver determination I do not see any issue here.

Of course, you need different mappings, but a multi mapping would not be easier.

When you enhance the message structure with optional fields, then you could use the same message mapping, but have to consider inside the mapping, which fields need to be filled.

You have to add the target URL in SOAP adapter manually, it is not planned to extract the URL automatically from the WSDL, as usually the URL is different for DEV, CONS and PROD.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

the WSDL had changed and so even the input structure. So I created a integration process where I check which WSDL should be used. If the new one should be used, I mapped the input from the old WSDL structure to the new one, call the web service and map the result back.

No other chance if the outbound interface should not be changed.

greetz

chris

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not understood, why receiver determination does not work for you.

Regards

Stefan