cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive step by step

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

i had a list of materials which are been asked to archive.

can any one help how to do it??

points awarded

kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

When archiving process and you want to delete the material , then you need to run the deletion process , use Tcode SARA--> Object MM_MATNR.If you already run archiving process for the material, check the management status for you archiving session, you should able to see whether it complete or incomplete.

Reward points pls.

Regards,

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI govind,

i ma able to enter mthe object number and next pressed the delete button.

i am confused after that please explain step by step.

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Step 1: Creating (the First) Archive Files

In step one, the write program creates an archive file. The data to be archived is then read from the database and is written to the archive file in the background. This process continues until one of following three events occurs:

1. All the data is written to an archive file

2. Archiving is not complete, but the archive file reaches the maximum size specified in archiving object-specific Customizing

3. The archiving is not yet finished, but the archive file contains the maximum number of data objects specified in Customizing.

If event 2 or 3 occurs, then archive management continues with the delete step (assuming that the following indicators are marked in archiving object-specific Customizing: Start Automatically and Delete Before Storage).

Step 2: Storing Archive Files

Once the write program has finished creating archive files, these can be stored.

Reward points pls.

Regards,

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos