cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC - XI - IDOC scenario. I can't import XSD to Data Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo!

I have some problem with creating data tape. I have to create data type similar to IDOC structure which i imported from SAP system. Similar becouse in this DT I need to add some more elements. Becouse the IDOC structure is large I wont to import IDOC structure to this DT automaticly. I try to eksport XSD structure of my IDOC and then import to data type but i can read the monit:

The tag <element> is not allowed at <<xsd:schema><xsd:element><xsd:element>>.

I'm beginer in XSD so I don't now how to change this file.

Can somebody help me on that or explain whot I can do to make this DT.

Thanks for answer!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can import the IDoc XSD to External defination and use it in your Message Mapping and Interfacing Mapping.

There is no need to create a data type of message type for IDoc.

External Defination

<b>External Definition</b> enables you to import a local WSDL, XSD, or DTD file to the Integration Repository and specify which parts of the schema to be used as a description for a message.

U can use this ED as

1.Inbound/Outbound in the Message Interface.

2.Source/Target structure for the Message Mapping.

In a scenario If there is a necessitity for changing the Occurance of some segment of the IDOC steps u perform is.

1.Import the IDoc to XI.

2.Export the IDoc(i.e XSD format) and save it to the local machine.

3.Make changes to the IDoc structure by modifying the XSD file in the local machine.

4.Save it as an XSD file Itself.

5.Import the XSD file in the IR under the External Defination.

6.Use this XSD in your Message Interface/Mapping which is same as IDoc structure but with some changes that u have made.

Go Thru this Blog <a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change Bundling - Trick without BPM</a> BY Michal Krawczyk where the Occurance of the IDoc is changed to 1...Unbounded from 1...999999999 by using the XSD.

Regards

Santhosh

<a href=" to set the thread to solved when you have received a solution</a>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

export ur idoc to external file as xsd., then use external definition and import it.

and here u would not require DT, u can directly map the same.