cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATT vs Solution Manager 4.0 & ERP2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

If have been using CATT in the past quite successfully and frequently. We are still using 4.6c and the new SAP version will be available in 2008 ==> ERP2005

For the complete project we use the Solution Manager with its quite nice functions. One function I want to use is the test management together with CATT's.

But I got the message that CATTs are not longer allowed. I have to use eCATT.

Very interesting information... I have no idea how to create eCATTs and I still have quite a lot of CATT available, which I want to reuse in this project again. I addition I want to create some new CATTs for the integration test.

How can I still use CATTs together with the solution manager and an ERP2005 system??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

Please follow the link for tutorials to create eCATT. It is easy and I have followed same link for creating scripts. Hope this helps you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1b/e81c3b84e65e7be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Please assign point if helpful

Kenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

coming back to my initial question:

Is there still any option to create a CATT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

It is possible to use both CATT and ECATT test cases.

Goto solar02 select your project click the business process for which the catt script is there on the right hand side select the test cases tab.

Now select CATT as test case type,

logical component.(in case the script is lying on the R/3 for e.g)

test script name.

The gr8 adv here is if script is not lying or not exist you can directly create it also when you provide the name and press enter it will prompt you to create it.

ASk if you need any other help.

CATT and ECATT diff here is you have to provide the CATT script name where as in Case of ECATT you have to provide Test config name.

<b>Please reward points.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manfred,

You can reuse your CATT with eCATT:

Follow the instructions in the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/d4/80023c59698908e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm">doc</a>

-> Starting eCATT -> Migration of CATT Test Cases

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't want to migrate CATTs into eCATTs. I am looking for s solution to create new CATTs?

Is there any option to create CATTs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anybody help?