cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redwood queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Some of the questions raised by our project team are...looking for your expert advice.

1) How does the version management is handled in Cronacle. I could not find any information in the documentation supplied by Redwood. My typical requirement is to do version management of

JOB-CHAINS.

2) How do we can have a three tier Architecture with this tool. Do we have anything like Transport Mechanism of SAP in this tool to send developments from Dev box to Production.

3)What I understand from the installation guides of Cronacle is we can have one process server per SAP Box. In the typical scenario where we have different boxes for Development, Quality and Production, there we need to have three different installations of this tool. And, for instance if i develop a job chain in the Dev box how will i propagate it to production box as all the definitions are stored in ORACLE repository as SCRIPTs.

Thanks for all your hints..

Best regards,

Vithalprasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact these are the questions asked by some one after one of the blog but the answers are not avaliable, so posted again by me.. thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I see it, you have 2 questions.

1) About the "Version Control".

2) About the "Transport Mechanism".

2 & 3 questions can easily be combined.

Answer is very easy. Just search in Online help available with Redwood Explorer. Search for Version or version control or version management and you will get the answer.

Search for build instead of "Transport" and you will get answer to second question.

Let me know if you face any problems. I would glad to help.

- Bhuga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vithal,

1) The version control feature is not driven by end user/admin. Rather it is system controlled. So the moment you change something the system stores new version. You can specify how many versions you want to keep. This option is available when you create/edit script. This feature can be used for both ("locking or check out/in" and retrieving objects from repository). For second part in your question, I'm sure you can also get user_id as the product is certified for auditing etc.

Another point is, there would be less changes to your scripts once you have created them. Basically you will change ABAP program but its name remains constant. You are not required to change job. If variant name or program name changes you change the job not the script. the RSI_RUN_ABAP script remains same as long as SAP has backward compatibility.

2) Please search for "build" not built. You will find documentation around Cronacle Beans. Same approach should be present in Java stack based version. For oracle based version, the simplest and best approach is to use export, import feature of oracle.

- Bhushan

*******Replay from Vithal*******

1) By the way, when I tried to use ''Version'' as search term, I am just getting the information that every DB table has one field with name Version which is mostly used to prevent simultaneous updates to any object. But here we were looking for the functionality like retrieving the pervious versions of say any script or job chain or even information like when and by whom a particular script or job chain had been changed. Request your inputs in this regard.

< <b>Text for Redwood help files was pasted here, removed to decrease size of email</b>>

2) Regarding Transporting some object (say any Script or Job Chain) from Redwood quality server to Redwood production server, I have not got any pointer with search term ''Built'' or even ''Transport''.

Request your help in this regard.

Thanks a lot.

Vithal