Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand Planning - Rolling Plan_delete current month KF data

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

I have rolled out the Demand Plan for period 01/09/2007 to 30/08/2008 . Next Month I would be initializing my planning period as 01/10/2007 to 30/09/2008 through the report for initializing planning area .

But when I initialize the period 01/10/2007 to 30/09/2008 on last day of August07 would the data of KFs of Stat Forecast etc get deleted as I see that only when I specify the initialization period as 30/09/2008 to 30/09/2008 the complete data gets deleted .

As I would take a backup of my DP planning data I want October to start afresh .

I already have macro in place which can delete the data , but just looking for a better solution .

Thanks and Regards ,

Prashant Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve. If the intention is to get rid of all the date in Planning area, you can deinitialize the planning area through the report /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_DE_INITIALIZE. You can then initialize and reload all the data subsequently.

If the intention is to drop off the last bucket everytime you run intialization first/last date of the month, you should be able to use dynamic date range in the variant.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant -

Why dont you copy the data from the keyfigure into another key figure and start afresh. thats one of the things i am doing on my project. basically after every month i copy the previous forecast on to my assigned keyfigure and empty out the forecast keyfigure. that way i store the kf data and also display it for comparison purposes in the respective planning book.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Suresh Garg