cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRD - Copy - DEV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new for BASIS. My landscape is only 2 DEV to PRD only.

I need to copy the PRD Data into DEV. what Profile i want to select in SCC9. Pls advise how to copy.

If only copy the PRD Config only to DEV What Profiles i want to select.

Thks

Rajesh..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

your question is a bit confusing. I guess you talk about client copies. In normal circumstances you should consider the SAP_ALL profile in the client copy. When you select SAP_ALL, all client data except change documents (see note 180949) and local data is copied.

To give some more bits & pieces:

The client copy function copies client-dependent customizing and data. Client copy allows the copy or transport of the complete customizing environment from a source client to a target client within the same system (instance) or to another system.

Client copy is not meant to copy client-independent objects, such as ABAP programs and table structures. If a table is changed to add an additional field, and the added field is then populated with data, the table change is not copied to the target system. Thus, the data in the additional field is not copied.

I hope it helped a bit.

Rgds,

Loukas

**Reward points if it was helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loukas,

More Thks for your reply.

If i copy the SAP_ALL finally the popup msg display

"The Client Copy you started has terminated tables cannot be converted".

I need to copy the Config only what profiles i want to copy?

Pls advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you make more clear what do u mean by config.

To get an idea here are all profile with their short explanations:

SAP_USER - Users, user roles and authorization profiles are copied. The client is not reset.

SAP_UONL - User without authorization profile and role

SAP_PROF - Only authorization profile and roles

SAP_CUST - Client-specific customizing including authorization profile is copied. The application data is deleted, the user data is retained.

SAP_CUSV - SAP_CUST with variants

SAP_UCUS - SAP_CUST with user master data

SAP_UCSV - SAP_UCUS with variants

SAP_ALL - All client data except change documents (see note 180949) and local data is copied.

SAP_APPL - SAP_ALL without user master data

SAP_AAPX - SAP_ALL without authorization profile and roles

There are even some more but that are the basic ones. You can find all of them in :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/69/c24c0f4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Your option would be:

Client-specific Customizing and master/transaction data: You select this option, for

example, if you want to set up a test client that is identical to the production client (in the same system).

Rgds,

Loukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the error you have got please check:

• Copy log (SCC3)

• SysLog (SM21)

• Dump analysis (ST22)

Are you also logon as SAP*?

You might also find useful the Note:

Note 116787 - CC-TOPIC: Remote client copy

Message was edited by:

Loukas Rougkalas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

has been any progress so far?

Rgds,

Loukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loukas,

Just now only i run the SAP_ALL.

Pls wait...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loukas,

In Test Run, I click the Resource check the same msg display.

I check in the Log file 2 Warning msg in red color

1. 3 Tables cannot be converted.

2. Critical Differences : missing Table 9

Pls advise..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently table(s) structure is not same for both client. You should have in the log file the Table/Object Component Error field which describes the tables which are different.

Although I have not experienced this situation I would suggest:

Either create this missing table(s) in remote client (difficult!!!) with same structure or Transport it to remote client.

Alternatively (from some colleagues' experience) make export ->import the client and it should work even with warnings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Loukas,

The Tables are display in the log. I got the difference Ex : In PRD Table 2 additional field but in DEV the field is missing...

I try to add the field in DEV but cant.

This is SAP Standard table, how can i change..Pls advise..

Tommorrow we discuss..

Thks for your kind help...

Rajesh..

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said this is the difficult path, to try and change the table.

As in my previous post my suggestions is not try to do client copy with RFC but rather try the SCC8 , the transaction for Client Export.

Alternatively (but not sure safely),run tcode SA38 -> RSCCEXPT. The report displays the exception list where you have to include the table that must not be copied due to technical reasons.

I will check further the issue in our past client copies, but we never had this issue so far.

Rewarding points is the best way to appreciate.

Rgds,

Loukas

Message was edited by:

Loukas Rougkalas